Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacebar Move Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here. Not sure how to explain this but i'll try my best. Sometimes when I hold down spacebar and drag to move around the canvas it sometimes snaps to a position when I let go. If I try again it seems to snap further off the viewport? Seems to be only happening since I updated PS. Is there anyway to fix this?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS.

Have a look at View > Snap to – Guides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS 2020 on Win 10. Snap to guides is on, but whats weird is it seems to happen after working for a while on something, to correct it I have to close down PS and reopen, and then it moves around as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but it still seems to happen every so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're on the latest version of Photoshop – 21.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and I have the latest version. I've noticed that it only does it when I use the mouse to drag the view around, if I'm using my graphics tablet it doesn't happen at all. Also, sometimes the Marquee tool will create a box when I mouse click, this usually happens when the spacebar view-drag happens aswell. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an update to this, I believe it may be linked to Windows Ink, I turned it off and it hasn't happened since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines