Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

spherical 360 Photomerge issue

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I shooted spherical panorama with my drone (phantom 4 pro V2) and the appli Litchi (8 by 3 photos)

The low resolution compositing made by Litchi directly on the Ipad is correct but

I don't manage to get a correct 360 panorama from Photomerge.

The result is completely dissymetric with a huge empty zone

I tried several times with no success

Thank you jor any help

(I join pictures of the compositing from Litchi and the result from photomerge)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which settings have you tried in Photomerge?  Which lens profile was selected? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in spherical mode and auto mode.

I don't know other types of settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not post the images you used with Photomerge.  Did they stitch well?  If they did how did you crop the merges image so it would be a perfect 360 spherical projection?  like in the low resolution  photo you posted?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JJMack

My problem is realy with Photomerge.

The pictures stitch well with Litchi . There are a copy in low resolution.

I did a new test in PTGui with exactly the same files as in Photoshop and the result is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Photomerge does not have tools] like application programed for stitching images like Panorama Tools Gui that even support fisheye lenses.  Even dedicated application like Microsoft ICE lack tools found in application like PTGui, Autopanorama Pro etc.  Photoshop is not the application you should use to stitch 360 spherical panoramas.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok JJMack Thank you for  your information. I will follow your advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photomerge engine (LR, PS, or CR) isn't capable of stitching a 360° panorama, neither a cylindrical nor a spherical one. i recommend having a look at https://ptgui.com as a professional 360 stitching app. i've stitched drone panos with it for me and my coaching clients without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no adobe app (LR, PS or CR) can stitch 360° panoramas. they're only able to think »flat« and cannot close a circle for cylindrical panoramas or a sphere for 360° x 180° panos. go for ptgui instead, which works very fine for done panos like e.g. here: https://panobu.ch/drohnenpano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines