Highlighted

Spinning beachball PS 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a 2-3 sec spinning beach ball on every function; crop tool, brush, save... even trying get a spinning beach ball when I select photoshop/about

I am only having issues with photoshop.

I reset preferences and all is good for about an hour then the spinning beach ball starts again.  

I have verified fonts, deleted Font cache

PS 21.1.3  

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 10.15.5

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Spinning beachball PS 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a 2-3 sec spinning beach ball on every function; crop tool, brush, save... even trying get a spinning beach ball when I select photoshop/about

I am only having issues with photoshop.

I reset preferences and all is good for about an hour then the spinning beach ball starts again.  

I have verified fonts, deleted Font cache

PS 21.1.3  

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 10.15.5

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does sound odd.

The first area that I suggest checking is to make sure you have enough RAM allocated and the Graphic Processor is checked. These are both listed under Photoshop > Preferences > Performance. You might also want to reset all defaults listed under Preferences > General. warmly/j 

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.59.32 AM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked!

I just rest all of my preferences (yes I had to go back in a change everything back to normal) but this seemed to have solved it.

I have a feeling that PS imports the prefs from previous versions during install and there is a conflict.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines