Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 12 MB

Memory: 32 GB

MacOS: Mojave Version 10.14

Just installed Photoshop and noticed that whenever I'm using the brush tool with a mask it lags and I get a 1-2 sec spinning wheel while painting/drawing...especially for continuous painting. Just to be sure this was the only time this was occurring I make a blank document and painted over the background. No lag, no spinning wheel. Duplicated the layer and created a mask. Spinning wheels when I used the brush tool.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Restore preferences, uninstal CC 2019 and re-install is the solution but after a moment the problem return. I think it's a problem with the wacom tablet (i have the lastet drivers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be Wacom related, but it does the same while using a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-install Photoshop CC2018 and no-problem... (macOsMojave)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. if I press it and don't move the mouse/pen for a few seconds and then start, I don't see the spinning wheel. this is VERY bad for my work. it happens with any tool that "looks" like a brush (brush, healing, cloning, anything).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This actually works 90% of the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope they fix it soon though, this slows me down A LOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Every time I use a brush (normal, healing, whatever...) I get the spinning wheel after 1-2 seconds. Happens also a lot that when using the Healing Brush that it simply doesn't do anything, I have to pick the source several times until it works.

On top of that, the app crashes a lot (there's a photo I haven't been able to finish) without any recovery option.

I didn't have any issue with PS2018 under MacOS Mojave so it's clearly something related to this new version.

Is it possible to go back to the last version and skip this one in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how much hard disk space you have but can run both versions at the same time. From the Creative Cloud app, click on the Photoshop CC drop down arrow (the little v next to OPEN). Select Manage and then load other versions. You can install Photoshop CC 2018 from there. You're probably have to copy your plug-ins into plug-in folder again.

Trust me, it's fresh in my head because I just did it. That brush issue just totally destroyed the efficiency of my workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did it. Thanks a lot for the help. All the issues I had are gone so I'll have to stick with this version until they figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone here seeing the problem without a Wacom tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it happens with Wacom disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Altoburgo.  Are you on Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac running Mojave...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix. The problem with the brushes does not occur on my old 15" MacBook Pro (mid 2010). Makes me wonder if it's Photoshop CC 2019 or Mojave or a combination of the two. As a matter of fact, don't see the funky lil artifacts when using liquify either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. As far as we can tell, the brush/spinning wheel issue (and the Liquify one) is only affecting users on 10.14 (Mojave) and not older versions of Mac OS. A fix for the Liquify issue should be available shortly, however we're still in the process of trying to debug the brush issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I'd like you to try on a system that does have the spinning cursor/brush issue as another user reported that it helped...

Go to Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings and click the Advanced Settings button. Try changing the drawing mode to Basic then quit and restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

I can try that later but you just reminded of something that could be

useful info for the development team. If I change the cursors (Preference/

Cursors) to the most basic ones, the problem with the wheel DOES NOT occur.

Of course this is not even a workaround as the basic cursors cannot be used

for serious work but I think it could help finding the problem.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 1:17 am, Adam Jerugim <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the drawing mode to basic doesn't change a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Changing the drawing mode to basic doesn't change a thing.

I'll second that!

Wait for the gif to load:

spinning balls.gif

Funny thing. This seems to help to get rid of the spinnig balls in my case:

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

It still feels a little sluggish though.

PS:

I had some time to try it out and the accessibility fix seems to have done the trick.

The little sluggishness I am observing may be an entirely different thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also not helping me to change drawing mode to basic. Still the same problem with spinning wheels over and over again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to add that I also have this issue with CC2019 since the update (on Mojave, late 2015 5K iMac, 32GB). Any brushing at all causes this. I do not use or have a tablet connected, and this video posted above is the exact same behavior I have. I thought maybe it was a scratch disk issue or a funky tool that needed a reset, but it persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaand the 10.14.1 macOS update did the job. No more spinning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I have that version but also the spinning wheel issue. I wonder what's different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 10.14.1 and no change. And if anyone thinking of updating to 10.14.2 beta--DO NOT!  Not only did I have spinning brush in PS CC 2019, I got the spinning brush in PS CC 2018! Thank goodness for Time Machine, I was able to restore back to 10.14.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaand it's back!

I don't know why it was gone. It worked for some time. The update didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines