• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, put that in the preferences... It used to annoy me in the past... but now with the hideous CS6 splash screens it's simply a necessity.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 256 Replies 256
256 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea in Photoshop cc 2014 of using images on the splash screen. I think it would be nice if the image area was editable, so that users could put their own image, company logo, etc on the splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely HATE the Photoshop CC 2014 Splash Screen ... It would be awesome if we were offered (in the NEXT version) maybe 2-3 options to choose from??????? Please consider!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that Lightroom allows for custom splash screens with simply the addition of a splash screen folder.

http://petapixel.com/2014/12/03/neat-...

Can't that feature be added to Photoshop?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He buscado por toda la web como cambiar el Splash Screen, pero no he encontrado nada ultil. Según lo que he visto solo puedes cambiar el Splash Screen de las versiones anteriores (CS5, CS5)

Alguien que me ayude! O sera que ADOBE quiere ha bloqueado la personalización, impidiendo a los usuarios creativos desarrollar de manera general su creatividad!....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to disable or change the Photoshop splash screen. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that is possible.  That question has been asked before here.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable the horribly unsettling splash screen of an over processed woman in the October 2017 iteration of Photoshop.

It's an unpleasant image.  It looks like all those over cooked images that indicate inexperienced photographic processing.  It's everything I detest.  Now I have to see it every time I load the app.

Grumpy old man, over and out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it can't be disabled.

On the good side, at least Photoshop does not now steal the windows focus multiple times during launch, so if you use multiple screens you can get on with something else

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame.

Whilst it's good to be able to get on with other stuff during load, I'm still aware that this lurid mishmash of misconceived imagery is lurking somewhere beneath the surface on MY workstation.  I don't want it there.

Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be worse...remember this?

CC14.png

Seriously, I couldn't agree more. I'm embarrassed every time I have to open the application with someone watching over my shoulder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that the opening screen for PS 2018 is not very pleasant to view. Please either replace or give me an option to remove the female.
RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The loading screen in the new Photoshop 2018 creeps me out like few things do. I swear that picture is worse than a creepy clown. Who thought this picture was a good idea? Please get rid of it. I really can't stand it looking at me everytime I launch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Photoshop CC 19.0 and I'm repulsed every time I see the horrible startup splash image of the person who had an accident in a paint store. It may be just my opinion, but my opinion should count for something on my own system. Please provide the ability for the local user to change the startup splash image as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My request (allow changing startup splash image) was merged into a thread that started FIVE YEARS AGO??? I give up all hope of this problem being addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Jon-M-Spear. I perfectly share your feelings.

In cannot help you.

I found only how change it in InDesign CC 2018 for mac :

Application/InDesign/InDesign[open the package]/Contents/Ressources/ID_SplashCC.png and ID_SplashCC@2x

But I dont find the same way in the Photoshop package. Yet he should be somewhere…

Koenraad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISTR reading that they stopped us being able to edit splash screens a good few versions ago, to prevent misuse / abuse.  Something along the lines of Rolls Royce cars have to be transported in closed trailers if they break down.  The sad reality is that they probably have a point.  I can remember when we discovered Auto-Correct in MS Word in the lab I worked in, and the boss's computer was set so when he typed his name, it immediately replaced it with something we thought more appropriate. 

Meanwhile, here's something for the aging reminiscers to go all gooey eyed over.    Them were the days...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. It was still possible in CS3, and maybe CS4. Mostly people wanted their own business name in there, presumably to impress clients - but we saw some horrible alterations here in the forums, people asking "how do I do this" and you just cringed...present examples pale in comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why is it yet possible with InDesign ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it hasn't been necessary to remove it there - the typical user is very different. Every gamer- and youtube-kid wants to have Photoshop to play around with. In contrast, InDesign is still an application mainly used by people who make a living from it.

That said, judging by the recent splash screens, you couldn't tell the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've change yesterday may splash screen in Indesign on my mac, very easy : its a normal png file in the Ressource folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your clarifications.

Now, can you say me where I could at least erase a file in order to hide this picture ?

I prefer to see nothing during start of PS than this one.

Thanks,

Koenraad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was possible to just delete a file, it would also be possible to edit it. There's no way you can get to it.

Lightroom has a Preference to show/hide splash screen, but Photoshop, unfortunately, doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, PLEASE give me an option to disable the Photoshop splash screen.  CC 2018 is so vile, I'd rather use Gimp than see this lurid over-cooked image sully my workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate