• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, put that in the preferences... It used to annoy me in the past... but now with the hideous CS6 splash screens it's simply a necessity.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 256 Replies 256
256 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splash images are changed with major version change which are usually on autumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly - this one would make me cringe even more than the present one. Why does it have to be a cross between fashion magazine cover and some sword-and-sorcery computer game? And why does the splash screen have to contain an image at all?

I just want to open Photoshop. I don't want to see mediocre high-school level imagery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Honestly - this one would make me cringe even more than the present one. Why does it have to be a cross between fashion magazine cover and some sword-and-sorcery computer game? And why does the splash screen have to contain an image at all?

It doesn't. Any image can be put in there (including a blank one).

I just want to open Photoshop. I don't want to see mediocre high-school level imagery.

Now, that's just unnecessarily insulting. And from a second string wedding photographer at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, there was no need to be insulting. I apologize.

Still, this is exactly the kind of image I don't want to see in a splash screen. I'm sure it's excellent Photoshop work, but it is a cross between fashion magazine cover and sword'n'sorcery computer game. The whole genre is fine for those into that kind of thing, but I'm not.

Just out of curiosity - what made you think I'm a wedding photographer...? I think you must be confusing me with someone else. I am a photographer by profession, but I haven't seen the inside of a wedding since my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see that CC 2018 graphics which I dislike as well (however don't care much of), I feel that was bad choise (not saying splash screen would be better with credits only, if something). But then after seeing how buggy CC 2018 was in October 2017 (and still is, certainly less) comparing to earlier releases (not mentioning almost perfect CS6, after six years I work with) I am finally figuring out what could be point of that. The model who acted to that art had probably illustrate her poor impression at that she found about newest Photoshop. If that was good product in last beta phase we would have loved looking at her happy face. But realising we're all going to be beta testers in alpha release for next 6 months, made, the only she could do was to apply some destructive side-effect drugs to be able work with Ps like that was no nearly a hundred new bugs tool.

So after all I'm fine with that 'crying' girl. At least launching Ps I'm somehow warned what kind of the world I'm entering.

To not be like I'm only complaining, I'm glad Ps engenieers do their best to fix everything that was messed, I see that but still, nearly half a year after release some things work the way they should not. Well what is Beta phase then for? Honestly I would like personally to wait one year more, or even wait 2 years between next versions, but be happy a new product I am recieving to use everyday is a tool I'd like to recommend to everyone with no doubts.

Really, I'd like splash screen was the only (the biggest) problem we have. I guess that could be fastly solved if Adobe team didn't have to make for better anything else there is priority to take care of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you have your own gripe with a particular bug that you took up in a separate thread. From what you describe, I can understand that's annoying.

At the same time, I also feel there is a silent group of users who should speak up more: we who use Photoshop for 8 hours a day and never encounter a single one of these bugs. Honest to god. With the possible exception of a small handful that have been acknowledged by Adobe. I haven't seen those either, but that must be because I've never been in one of those situations where they appear.

And truth be told, some of them you really have to cross the street to encounter. Like the one about saving a jpeg as a DNG. I mean, who does that?

But from where I sit, it all works perfectly, and it has done so consistently through all the CC versions. Does that make me special?

The bugs I have seen in the past, have all been video driver related. Even those went away after I ditched AMD/Nvidia gamer's cards and went all quadro, with drivers that, thankfully, don't need to cater to the gaming crowd. These cards are rock solid and, at the lower end, like the P600, affordable. They may not have a zillion megaflops per nanosecond, but they work.

I do appreciate the fundamental nature of bugs: they only appear under very special circumstances. If that wasn't so, they would have been fixed already. So yes, bugs certainly happen. But that's also the point I'm trying to make: it's not nearly as bad as many claim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening Photoshop and seeing this disturbed rooster literally makes me cringe. This never happened before. Nothing agains ugly people, but don't shove it in my face by force! Ok, I am done ranting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my disgust about the splash screen to this already pretty disgustful thread. It's the scariest witch pig I've ever had to invite into my work space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be a way to change the image for this splash / load screen.  Just let me load some other image in there - my logo, a nice nature scene, something neutral and abstract, I don't really care what, but when the image is like this, for pete's sake at least give me an option...

When I launch Photoshop, I'm going to want to do something creative, and this image is not good for my creativity. I don't know if she's supposed to be abused or malnourished or a drug addict or what, but this is not good.

I don't mean this in a "wah, I need a safe space!" sense, I mean this in a "Ugh! Come on! I'm trying to work here!" sense, like if someone were engaging in disturbing inappropriate behaviour in the office.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to 'eartho's comment: I have found the EASIEST way to "block" this profoundly ugly splash screen is to quickly do the Mac app-switch the moment I boot PS. With any other app also running in the background – say a web browser? – simply 'Command'+Tab and the other app, now "active", will cover the splash screen entirely. (I have found that) when PS fully opens then either the 'Start Workspace' or file targeted for the session will move to the front and I can begin my work "free"! Problem solved – sort of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRUE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 2019's splash screen, v20, we will have a cleverly framed pool of vomit accompanied by a thoughtful array of vintage garbage spread haplessly about a paisley table cloth, and glints of light piercing through various parts of the paisley pattern as if to another dimension.  We've narrowed it down to either that or a fig leaf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they gotten rid of the hideous woman with the chemical burns and boils on her face yet? I'm using PS2017 till they do. I'd like to use the current version, but not if I have to wake up to her every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put a paper bag over your face

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you disable the splash screen you wonder if PS is starting when you launch it.  You do not see the little messages in the splash screen for there is none.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've disabled it, and it's a relief. Unfortunately it only works when launching PS from the taskbar. If PS is launched by opening a file, the splash will still appear.

It's just a bad choice for a splash screen image. It's a "seen-once-made-your-point" type of image. I'm sure it's splendid by itself, and it would probably work well in another context, like a magazine article illustration. But I don't want it in my face every time. I've already seen it, I get it. You made your point.

There really should be a "disable splash" checkbox in Preferences. Many other applications have that - including, notably, Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'There really should be a "disable splash" checkbox in Preferences. Many other applications have that - including, notably, Lightroom.'

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who remembers the "electric cat" easter egg splash screen from (i think) PSv.6?

*EDIT: I looked it up, it was V.4... dang im getting old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the White Lion for CC 2018

Untitled9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or there's this one...

white-lion-splash-rev.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me insane for the past three years.

Ever since the early 90s, I've always been quite happy with Photoshop's splash screens—in fact, to be honest, I never really noticed them very much. They quietly appeared and disappeared without much ceremony.

During the CS era, they became much more professional and sensible. What you'd expect from industry-standard software. I remember being slightly taken aback by the first couple of CC releases, which seemed perhaps a little informal, but to be fair, they were quite attractive (one was an Escher-like triangle).

However, in 2015 something went horrible wrong with Adobe's splash screens—not just in Photoshop, but across the whole Creative Suite range. It began with the utterly hideous "25 Years" Splash screen. Words cannot express how offensive and hideously unprofessional that one was.

The current 2018 splash screen is simply dreadful. We have these garish, sickly, unprofessional colors, and a creepy, spotty-faced woman. (Apparently someone hasn't been told about Photoshop's Healing Brush!)

What baffles me about all this is that the ONLY people who use Photoshop are creative professionals—people who have exceedingly strong opinions about the way things look.

Surely it's important for ANY industry-standard software to have a sensible, professional splash screen— but how much more important it is when the software is being used exclusively by a customer-base of users who care deeply about graphical presentation.

Adobe needs to either go back to sensible splash screens for ALL its creative applications, or (ideally) allow us to use custom images. I really don't understand why they wouldn't want us to be able to change it, especially considering how much we pay for the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more! Art and fashion are the only things in life so horrible, you have to throw them away every few months! I'm so sick of models with facial expressions like they're just had a frontal lobotomy, and that splash screen is a fine example. Get rid of her! Anyone know how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree- That took artistic skill to create, but it's an eyesore! How did you disable the splashscreen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cat shows up a lot in the beta splash screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate