Splash Screen: CC 19.00 Release

Guide ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable the horribly unsettling splash screen of an over processed woman in the October 2017 iteration of Photoshop.

It's an unpleasant image.  It looks like all those over cooked images that indicate inexperienced photographic processing.  It's everything I detest.  Now I have to see it every time I load the app.

Grumpy old man, over and out!

This only works if you then load PS from it's own icon not if you click on a document or 'open with' to launch PS. Better than nothing! It may also only work on Windows, have no idea if you can do similar on MAC.

On PC/Windows

Find the actual 'photshop.exe' (not the shortcut), if you have it on your taskbar you can right click it, move up to the actual program icon then right click that and select 'properties'

In the top most box you'll see Target: and a box to the left with the path to photoshop in quote marks. AFTER the quote marks simply put in -NoSplash

then apply / ok. Don't put any quote marks around -nosplash and put a space after the last quote mark and the -nosplash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that helps!! Thank you.

I put also picture to this answer:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. (art by Luis Royo, but any image that fits can be put in there)

I dislike the Lightroom Classic 2018 splash even more than the Ps one, but it's easier to replace.

CC2018_Splash_Fix.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly - this one would make me cringe even more than the present one. Why does it have to be a cross between fashion magazine cover and some sword-and-sorcery computer game? And why does the splash screen have to contain an image at all?

I just want to open Photoshop. I don't want to see mediocre high-school level imagery.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Honestly - this one would make me cringe even more than the present one. Why does it have to be a cross between fashion magazine cover and some sword-and-sorcery computer game? And why does the splash screen have to contain an image at all?

It doesn't. Any image can be put in there (including a blank one).

I just want to open Photoshop. I don't want to see mediocre high-school level imagery.

Now, that's just unnecessarily insulting. And from a second string wedding photographer at that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, there was no need to be insulting. I apologize.

Still, this is exactly the kind of image I don't want to see in a splash screen. I'm sure it's excellent Photoshop work, but it is a cross between fashion magazine cover and sword'n'sorcery computer game. The whole genre is fine for those into that kind of thing, but I'm not.

Just out of curiosity - what made you think I'm a wedding photographer...? I think you must be confusing me with someone else. I am a photographer by profession, but I haven't seen the inside of a wedding since my own.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see that CC 2018 graphics which I dislike as well (however don't care much of), I feel that was bad choise (not saying splash screen would be better with credits only, if something). But then after seeing how buggy CC 2018 was in October 2017 (and still is, certainly less) comparing to earlier releases (not mentioning almost perfect CS6, after six years I work with) I am finally figuring out what could be point of that. The model who acted to that art had probably illustrate her poor impression at that she found about newest Photoshop. If that was good product in last beta phase we would have loved looking at her happy face. But realising we're all going to be beta testers in alpha release for next 6 months, made, the only she could do was to apply some destructive side-effect drugs to be able work with Ps like that was no nearly a hundred new bugs tool.

So after all I'm fine with that 'crying' girl. At least launching Ps I'm somehow warned what kind of the world I'm entering.

To not be like I'm only complaining, I'm glad Ps engenieers do their best to fix everything that was messed, I see that but still, nearly half a year after release some things work the way they should not. Well what is Beta phase then for? Honestly I would like personally to wait one year more, or even wait 2 years between next versions, but be happy a new product I am recieving to use everyday is a tool I'd like to recommend to everyone with no doubts.

Really, I'd like splash screen was the only (the biggest) problem we have. I guess that could be fastly solved if Adobe team didn't have to make for better anything else there is priority to take care of.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you have your own gripe with a particular bug that you took up in a separate thread. From what you describe, I can understand that's annoying.

At the same time, I also feel there is a silent group of users who should speak up more: we who use Photoshop for 8 hours a day and never encounter a single one of these bugs. Honest to god. With the possible exception of a small handful that have been acknowledged by Adobe. I haven't seen those either, but that must be because I've never been in one of those situations where they appear.

And truth be told, some of them you really have to cross the street to encounter. Like the one about saving a jpeg as a DNG. I mean, who does that?

But from where I sit, it all works perfectly, and it has done so consistently through all the CC versions. Does that make me special?

The bugs I have seen in the past, have all been video driver related. Even those went away after I ditched AMD/Nvidia gamer's cards and went all quadro, with drivers that, thankfully, don't need to cater to the gaming crowd. These cards are rock solid and, at the lower end, like the P600, affordable. They may not have a zillion megaflops per nanosecond, but they work.

I do appreciate the fundamental nature of bugs: they only appear under very special circumstances. If that wasn't so, they would have been fixed already. So yes, bugs certainly happen. But that's also the point I'm trying to make: it's not nearly as bad as many claim.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening Photoshop and seeing this disturbed rooster literally makes me cringe. This never happened before. Nothing agains ugly people, but don't shove it in my face by force! Ok, I am done ranting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone still has a problem with this, I too was annoyed and hacked the dat files to replace the portrait with just some subtle abstract crap that fits the colour scheme. It's not a masterpiece but it doesn't impose all that colour on my brain 10 times a day.

SS- 2019-01-17 at 8.26.49 AM.jpg

You can download files here to replace it. Instructions included for mac, there is a similar process for windows just different directories:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=66717122788965422162

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work for PC and where can be found 'Photoshop CC app2' folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a revolting image, and Yes, it is effectively conveyed.

But, absolutely NO, Photoshop's opening splash screen is not an appropriate venue to explore nihilism in the modern world (or whatever the hell the artist and Adobe's design team are pushing).  Photoshop is not an art gallery.  It's a tool.  And the people who use that tool every day are naturally particularly attuned to the language of imagery.  It would be the same as an audio engineer opening up the premier editing suite and having to listen to a person vomit each time.

Post Modernism and subjective relativism are social cancers, but at least we can leaven that bitterness with a laugh: Modern Art is STILL Sh*t - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines