• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splash Screen Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the .png file of the presentation screen in photoshop cc 2018? Yesterday (yes, I realized thanks to a tutorial on YouTube) that could be changed, I used '' Restaurator '' I went to the file: PSArt.dll, but the png files no longer appeared, can anyone help me? Honestly, I do not like the girl who appears, could someone be so kind to help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

The instructions of the following site works for me!

https://www.mteam7.com/ccsplash/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, to hide the splash screen you can use a command line directive or you can copy certain files from an earlier version of Photoshop with a different splash screen. The image itself is compiled into PSArt.dll, so to gain access to that you'd need a Visual Studio decompiler and sufficient knowledge to use it. If you can do that, you probably can drop in a different image and recompile, but honestly you are asking for trouble playing with internal Photoshop files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's what a friend taught me, but what I do not want is to move files like that, since the splash screen now has more space to edit (I hope I'm not annoying) but I would really like to edit that blessed image!Equally many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be done anymore. You'll just have to live with it - and no, you're not alone. A lot of people have problems with this particular image (I'm one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely enough I do not see any girl and I just updated .... mmmh, intresting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha, yes, I am a girl lover of photoshop, I love editing and, although I am learning this, I do not consider myself a ''posser''

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed already. See this thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2400502

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I read the comments in that forum, but I feel that no answer answered my concern, equally Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I read that there says that the programs are for Mac, in Windows would work the same? I really apologize for my ignorance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rinny316  wrote

Sorry, I read that there says that the programs are for Mac, in Windows would work the same? I really apologize for my ignorance!

Actually that program is for Windows and to use it on a Mac you have to Wrap it in a Wine Wrapper.

It states that right on the web page.

Photoshop

Photoshop is a different story, a windoze tool called PSCCIcon is needed to change the splash. That's because the splash for Photoshop is packed.

So you need to extract the contents of this file, edit the .jpg, repack it and then overwrite the original. Sounds complicated but is not.

Requirements for OS X (downloads)

Because this is a windoze tool the easiest way to run this .exe on the Mac is by using Wineskin which is a wine wrapper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, there are some things that I do not understand since my English is not very good, Thanks for clarifying my doubts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SuperMerlin  wrote

Well I didn't know that!  Not that I want to change my Splash Screen mind, but I didn't think it was possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This link is no longer working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad I am not alone I have never been bothered by PS splash screens no matter what they chose. This one really pissed me off Not only I cant't stand the processing of the image, but also the girl herself. I hope I don't have to look at it daily for a year! Done ranting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a take: Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 SPLASH SCREEN Ä°MAGE - YouTube

It is extraordinary that Adobe choose an image that exemplifies kitsch, poor taste and weak craftsmanship and then imposes it on a creative community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines