Highlighted

Spot Healing brush not working

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot healing tool is stuck on one size, a pencil thin line.  I can't no matter how large I size it it will not get bigger.  Just spent over 3 hours with Adobe Photoshop support and after uninstalling and installing my Wacom tablet and uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop I have gotten nowhere.  Attsched is what I get when I use the spot healing brush.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Spot Healing brush not working

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot healing tool is stuck on one size, a pencil thin line.  I can't no matter how large I size it it will not get bigger.  Just spent over 3 hours with Adobe Photoshop support and after uninstalling and installing my Wacom tablet and uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop I have gotten nowhere.  Attsched is what I get when I use the spot healing brush.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boogie, the screenshot you uploaded is just too low res, please upload a better one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a new screen shotThis is what it looks like and when it disappears it hasn't done any healing.This is what it looks like and when it disappears it hasn't done any healing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support seemed to be focused on my tablet but I am not so sure.  The pen works everywhere else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry now its happening with clone will switch out tablet today for a old one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regress to PS version 21.0.3 and use WinTab application interface with your Wacom Driver and Photoshop 2020 version 21.0.3.  Adobe Photoshop Pen support has issues in newer versions.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WinTab not sure what that app is.  I am on a Catalina Mac.  I did refuse to upgrade but when I had issues with saving and slowness working in Photoshop Adobe help said I had to upgrade to newest version.  It solved the slowness but now this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WinTab is a Windows Application Inface that is uset with Pen devices.  Windows User havs a choice od usine the interfacs or Windows INK intefav with Pen or mindows.  I'm Sure the is some Mac interface  for Pens on Mac machine.

The problem is that there have have been problem on PC using Windows INK so user user the older WinTab device support with the Wacom Pen.  In the 21.1 update Adobe broke something in Photoshop WinTab support.  Basically on Windows Photoshop version 21.1 and newer Adobe Pen support has issues.  Perhaps the Problem Adobe introduce in the 21.1 update also effected Mac pen interface.  It may be worth re-installing version 21.0.3 on your Mac to see if you problem was introduced in the 21.1 update.  But if you had performance problem in 21.0.3  your stuck like windowsusers with Adobe Photoshop pen support issues. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I think it is a combination of things at this point.  Out of desperation I got out my tablet that I keep with the laptop and hooked it up, it is a small basic tablet not an intuos pro and using it Photoshop healing brush is working as it should so the tablet or pen or something in PS may all be contributing to problem.  Wacom support has been very eratic since covid so unsure if I can get help there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you hold down Ctrl and Alt then scroll left to reduce the size and scroll right to increase it? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0