• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot healing brush: "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preface: using a Wacom with the latest drivers, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM, i7.

Just installed version 22.1, and my spot healing brush is - once again - not cooperating.  About every 3-4 applications of the tool, I get a pop-up with "Could not complete your request because of a program error."  I can close the dialog box, use the tool on a different location, move around the canvas a bit, and then - sometimes - come back to the point that created the error, and actually apply the tool.  I can switch windows out of Ps and the back in, and - sometimes - this fixes it.

Wth, Adobe?  Is this another screw-up with tablet inputs, or is this a brand new bug?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Maybe check over on 

Photoshop Family

to see if a Report on this exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I know this isn't a feedback channel.  I should have been more specific about asking if others are experiencing this.

For troubleshooting, I've only done the above.  I'm extremely remiss to reset all my settings, which seems to be the default advice from Adobe when things go pear-shaped.  What a pain that process is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here unfortunately. Seems quality control has been COMPLETELY dumped now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yesterday I had posted that I had the same issue. But apparntly mine was fixed by deleting one of the layers... which was corrupted??? Don't know how that happened. But as soon as I deleted the later, everything went back to normal. Maybe check your layers and see which ones you have to turn off to make things save. If you find that layer, that could be the problem.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately, this was happening on my only layer (aside from my background layer).  I tried this with a few different images with no change in behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to trouble shoot, are you also on a wacom?  I am having same annoying issue and I'm on a deadline. 

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pmr413    It might work if you actually select flatten image. I had the same occurance with only the background layer (by mistake). Added a new layer and then flattened the image. Then added a new empty retouch layer and continued working (for another 5min). The thing is that it comes back after a while...

I'm also on a wacom. Posted a thread on the offical PS but still no reply or solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble.  I am having this happen with all my files, not just one.  Has anyone found the answer?  I've updated PS.  I am using my wacom tablet - have no idea if that is the problem.  HELP  -  need to deliver these files tomorow 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem with the normal healing brush in 22.1. Weird thing is that it's only on some points in the image. After flattening the image it works again. Flattening the image is the only thing I found help so far. Also on a wacom... Annoying as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem also occurs without Wacom drivers installed. - Not sure whether this info helps a lot, though ;-D

*trying to think positive*

In a way some of the current errors are really "FUNNY"....

Why in the world, does cleaning brush work on SOME parts of the image, not on others?!?

Hints at a real desaster down at the source code level....

Which also the "Could not complete your request because of a program error." message hints at:

No logging, not even ANY debugging information, no further details or informatin, which might help to encircle the problem.... That's programming of the poorest quality standards imaginable... basically a no-go in modern software development...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This spot healing problem is a new bug and not related to anyone's OS - it has been documented on multiple forums multiple times. I have experienced the exact same thin as described. It is intermittent and only on certain parts of the image. Adobe has to fix this on their end - hopefully soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. i noticed that it is intermittent and only on certain places on an image. it is working right now and i was able to finish my job. hoping for a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an open ticket with Adobe on using the healing brush and getting the "Could not complete your request...".

I demonstrated it to them.

I saved the picture in a nulti-layer TIF file as soon as it happened. I close the image and reopen it at the exact same spot still generated the error.

Here's MY workaround - Change the size of the healing brush and attach the area on the opposite side with smaller strokes.

I'm still waiting for call from Adobe which is rescheduled to tomorrow.  I have everything setup to demonstrate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines