• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot healing brush tool - can't see the outline of the ring in Photoshop

Explorer ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the "spot healing brush", I can't see the outline of the ring (to know where it is on the picture) I know how to make it bigger or smaller but I would like to make the circumference more black. I think it might be that I have changed from a normal screen to an Ultra High Def.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

That shouldn't be happening. As the outline does not appear when you use the Spot Healing Brush, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working on?

Could you try resetting the tool and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this resolved now?  Did you try resetting the tool, and if yes, did it work?

If not then you need to provide more information.

What version of Photoshop?
What operating system?
Are you using a tablet?

Cursor settings shouldn't be tool specific, but they can be if you use the Lazy Nezumi Pro plugin

Trevor_Dennis_0-1591092364038.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try re-setting tools as the first thing and second thing was a complete re-installation. 

I have had a suggestion to have a remote access to my PC which I can't allow 

Another suggestion was to change the opacity settings of the tool !!!!!!!!!

To say that "the outline does not appear when you use the Spot Healing Brush" is just not right. I get the same look if I am using spot healing as I get when I use the paint brush tool. A Circcle with a outer ring that chages colour according to its background.

The only thing that helps is to change the display resolution from 3840 x 2160 to 1280 x 600 and then I can see the ring. But this defeats the point of have UHD. 

It must be that the outer circle outline is defined by number of pixels  and as the resolution goes up the thickness of the circle’s outer ring gets thinner (as the number of  pixels is fixed, but the density increases)

I am now not really able to use the mouse to work as I don’t want to have to change the screen to work with PhotoShop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines