Spot Healing Tool spawns a programming error

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have been receiving the error "Could not complete your request because of a program error." while using the Spot Healing brush on a new layer, content-aware, sample all layers on.

When I say OK, the tool will still work. It would seem to me that it has become sensitive to the size of the area that was brushed to replicate the error. Small spaces seem to work, larger ones do not. I am not using the tool differently from the past, however, this behaviour and error are new to me.

Ps 22.1.0, Mac Pro, 10.15.7

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Spot Healing Tool spawns a programming error

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have been receiving the error "Could not complete your request because of a program error." while using the Spot Healing brush on a new layer, content-aware, sample all layers on.

When I say OK, the tool will still work. It would seem to me that it has become sensitive to the size of the area that was brushed to replicate the error. Small spaces seem to work, larger ones do not. I am not using the tool differently from the past, however, this behaviour and error are new to me.

Ps 22.1.0, Mac Pro, 10.15.7

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

PS 22.1.0, iMac 27-inch 5K Retina, 32GB, macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on Windows. Very random error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error with content aware fill, spot healing brush and healing brush tools.  Please fix fast Adobe. I can't edit my clients work with constant errors from 2021 update.  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Please fix fast Adobe.«

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

»I can't edit my clients work with constant errors from 2021 update.«

You should be able to try and roll Photoshop back to a version where the error did not affect your work (see »Other versions«). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0