• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Squashed or Crushed text effect

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I want to show a foot stepping on my vector text. I need the text to display as realistic as possible with a squashed/crushed look. Can I easily do this in PS CC or is it easier in one of the other suite of products?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers can be blended together and layer style effects added to layers.  Play around and see what you can come up with blending your foot stepping layers and text layers with added layers styles effects.  See if you can come up with something that looks good to you. Your the judge there.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. However, based on the lack of a response to this question I may need to try a different product forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Text Warp or put the text in a smart object and use Transform Warp

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few more ideas…

1. Convert your content into a Smart Object and apply the Puppet Warp feature from the Edit menu.
  2. From the Type menu choose Convert to Shape. Then use vector manipulation tools such as the Direct Selection Tool to move around the anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there are different directions the foot could be shown coming from.  Is it a frontal pic where you see a foot coming down from the top.  Or is a over view where the foot is coming from the top?  That would determine the effect you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Type your text

Convert to smart object

Apply filter > Distorsion > Dispersion > Use footprint as reference image

Capture d’écran 2020-07-05 à 21.03.32.png

10px/10px (may vary)

result

Capture d’écran 2020-07-05 à 21.02.36.png

text is still editable via smart object…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines