• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sRGB 8* and/or 8# meaning - Photoshop

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I 'save as' or 'export as' - in Photoshop - from 16 bit Adobe RGB to 8 bit sRGB jpg the saved or exported image is an 8 bit sRGB but it sometimes appears as 8 or 8* or 8#.  Why do I get different results and is any of them wrong (and what am I doing wrong)?  

If it helps my workspace is set to Adobe RGB

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Hi there,

An asterisk outside of the color information simply means that the file has unsaved changes. Save the file and the asterisk goes away.

The symbols inside the color information only apply to Photoshop:-

• An asterisk (*) means the color profile associated with the file is not the same as your current working color profile. E.g. your working profile is set to sRGB and you open an image with, or assign to an image, an Adobe RGB profile.

• A number sign (#) or pound sign, means the file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, if there is nothing: the document matches your workspace, * the document has a different profile, and # tells you it is an untagged document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I have no idea and I never cared. All you ever need to keep track of is here:

notification_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

An asterisk outside of the color information simply means that the file has unsaved changes. Save the file and the asterisk goes away.

The symbols inside the color information only apply to Photoshop:-

• An asterisk (*) means the color profile associated with the file is not the same as your current working color profile. E.g. your working profile is set to sRGB and you open an image with, or assign to an image, an Adobe RGB profile.

• A number sign (#) or pound sign, means the file has no color profile associated with it (i.e. the image is not color managed).

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sahil the helpx file should have that info: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html there is more content on third party sites than on the official help document, see: http://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/tips/tips-interface.html#docwindow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  That's very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  I duplicated my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines