Highlighted

sRGB 8* and/or 8# meaning - Photoshop

When I 'save as' or 'export as' - in Photoshop - from 16 bit Adobe RGB to 8 bit sRGB jpg the saved or exported image is an 8 bit sRGB but it sometimes appears as 8 or 8* or 8#.  Why do I get different results and is any of them wrong (and what am I doing wrong)?  

If it helps my workspace is set to Adobe RGB

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi there,

An asterisk outside of the color information simply means that the file has unsaved changes. Save the file and the asterisk goes away.

The symbols inside the color information only apply to Photoshop:-

• An asterisk (*) means the color profile associated with the file is not the same as your current working color profile. E.g. your working profile is set to sRGB and you open an image with, or assign to an image, an Adobe RGB profile.

• A number sign (#) or pound sign, means the file has no color profile associated with it (i.e. the image is not color managed).

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

sRGB 8* and/or 8# meaning - Photoshop

When I 'save as' or 'export as' - in Photoshop - from 16 bit Adobe RGB to 8 bit sRGB jpg the saved or exported image is an 8 bit sRGB but it sometimes appears as 8 or 8* or 8#.  Why do I get different results and is any of them wrong (and what am I doing wrong)?  

If it helps my workspace is set to Adobe RGB

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi there,

An asterisk outside of the color information simply means that the file has unsaved changes. Save the file and the asterisk goes away.

• An asterisk (*) means the color profile associated with the file is not the same as your current working color profile. E.g. your working profile is set to sRGB and you open an image with, or assign to an image, an Adobe RGB profile.

• A number sign (#) or pound sign, means the file has no color profile associated with it (i.e. the image is not color managed).

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: sRGB 8* and/or 8#

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 19, 2020

Hello, if there is nothing: the document matches your workspace, * the document has a different profile, and # tells you it is an untagged document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

To be honest I have no idea and I never cared. All you ever need to keep track of is here:

notification_2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi there,

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

@Sahil the helpx file should have that info: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html there is more content on third party sites than on the official help document, see: http://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/tips/tips-interface.html#docwindow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thank you.  That's very helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Sorry.  I duplicated my reply.

Sorry.  I duplicated my reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines