• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking Camera Raw adjustment layers

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, would like to know if this is possible and if so how please?

Original image is layer 1

Apply camera raw filter at layer 2

Apply different camera raw filter at layer 3

Make the effect additive on layer 1 i.e. If I had created a single filter with the combined settings of 2 and 3.

Example:

Layer 1 original

Layer 2 - set ACR exposure +1 and Contrast +8

Layer 3 Clarity +20 and Saturation -30

Effect on layer 1 is Exp +1 + Contrast +8 Clarity +20 and Sat +-30

Then if I turn off layer 2, effect on Layer 1 is just Clarity +20 and Sat +-30

Cheers

Imagepunk presets for Lightroom and Photoshop - https://bit.ly/adobeip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stack them as smart filters (after first converting the original image to a smart object). The effect will be cumulative and "transparent". Try it out and see if it does what you want.

acr_filter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciated. With your solution is there any way to rename each filter? Otherwise I will end up with a stack of filters all called 'Camera Raw Filter' and not know which adjustment was in which filter?

Imagepunk presets for Lightroom and Photoshop - https://bit.ly/adobeip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, well, no. I don't see any way. That's a problem if you have several. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a simple minded approach that allows you to rename each layer so that, later you will be notfied of what it contains. 1) Duplicate the original layer; name it "ACR1" Apply ACR and at the "Basics" tab as: set exposure =+1, Contrast=+8. 2) Duplicate the Original file again and name it "ACR2." In the Basics tab, set Clarity=+20, and Saturation as -30. 3) Cmd (Microsoft Cntl) click the original layer and layers "ACR1" and "ACR2." Then Cmd (Microsoft Cntl) + Shift + Opt + "E" ( A "Claw" click) that creates a new composite layer of the 3 layers clicked in the "Claw". Name it "Stamp Vis." It should neatly additively combine all your "Basic" settings made in "ACR1" and "ACR2."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines