• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard Adobe fonts in photoshop not showing up Edwardian script

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up my photoshop project which I created using Edwardian Script font - it's been a standard font in this program for years - and after hours on Chat they are telling me it is not a standard font and I need to get it elsewhere? 

I notice my fonts are considerably changed. 

Am I just totally out of the loop here? 

Sharon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what happened with Edwardian Script on your computer. I'm not seeing the same issue. It is available in Photoshop CC 2020 and CC 2021 on my computer.

[link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are MILLIONS of different fonts. There are no standard fonts. There are no fonts built into Photoshop. Yes, there are a set of fonts which come with MacOS, or with Windows, but they change over time. Plus, there is the "Adobe Fonts" subscription service, but the fonts available in that change over time.

So, something changed the fonts in your system. Just because you've used a font for years doesn't mean it's standard... you can license ITC Edwardian Script -- https://www.fonts.com/font/itc/itc-edwardian-script - this will give you a font file - keep it safe NOT JUST ON YOUR COMPUTER. Edwardian Script is also bundled with some versions of Microsoft Office, so uninstalling or upgrading Office, or moving to the web-based version would have a major effect.

The web is full of places offering commercial fonts for free. These are pirate sites, offering stolen goods. There are of course fonts that really are free, but this isn't one of them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines