• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standardize a panorama

Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using panorama feature sometimes happen i have different tones moving across the picture (eg. because of the sun position). At the end i have this result.

Is there any way to level out the colors?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is missing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to work a little on each individual frame first. Make sure to not only match exposure and white balance, but also vignetting and geometric distortion (the latter two handled by the lens profile).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try adjustment layers with a gradiated mask (in the screenshot they are curves layers, I did a quick test).

Sorry if I didn't see the attachement originally. 

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 17.42.27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, which kind of grandient map? the default ones are too artistic for my purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Gradiated mask is just a layer mask fading from black to white reducing the intensity along the fade. Gradient maps are different as they reassign colour based on luminance. 

So, for your image I color corrected the left side then made that correction fade out to the right. Then repeated for the other side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the final result is much better if you do basic color correction on each frame before the merge. And much easier to control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoul i do this by eye or is there any method to judge the chromatic levels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just use your eyes. You can easily tell the left side from the right side of your original example. Just make them visually similar before the merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines