• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starting Photoshop CC/mini bridge is returning an error message

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Bridge CC open, I select Browse in Mini Bridge and receive the following: "Cannot complete the command because the extension could not be loaded"

Photoshop CS6 works fine, but this is with Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC Bridge is a seperate program.  Do you have it installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting point. At this time I do not have a Bridge CC connection.  I did at one time but switched to the Photography CC, which is Photoshop CC and Lightroom, but no Bridge CC.  If I select File/Browse In Bridge, I get a version of Bridge from Photoshop CC, but File/Browse in Mini Bridge from Photoshop CC needs Bridge CC.  Maybe this needs to be looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have new information.  The Photoshop Photography CC package DOES include Bridge CC.  However, Photoshop telephone support told me that Mini Bridge is not part of Photoshop CC, even though it is a menu selection AND the Bridge CC page lists Mini Bridge as a component.  I'm confused.

I installed Bridge CC and the Extension Manager CC and I still have the problem of Mini bridge not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge CC must be running to load mini-bridge.  So load Bridge CC and make sure it works.  Click Help/about bridge to make sure CC version is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're on the same page here.  One of the first things I did was to Browse in Bridge from Photoshop CC and verified that Bridge CC was called.  It is, yet Browse in Mini Bridge won't load.  In Photoshop CS6, if I Browse in Mini Bridge without Bridge already running, I get a Start Bridge button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjr9999 wrote:

We're on the same page here.  One of the first things I did was to Browse in Bridge from Photoshop CC and verified that Bridge CC was called.  It is, yet Browse in Mini Bridge won't load.  In Photoshop CS6, if I Browse in Mini Bridge without Bridge already running, I get a Start Bridge button.

Sorry about the hefty time lag, but also having a similar problem.

I wondered if the problem described in this thread was ever resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still there. After Adobe Tech Support said it was supposed to work that way, I gave up. I don’t use minibridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjr9999 wrote:

The problem is still there.  After Adobe Tech Support said it was supposed to work that way, I gave up.  I don’t use minibridge.

Thanks for the reply.  Thats too bad.  I'm running a full version of cc and do not have minibridge available.

Out of curiosity, in your

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\

directory.  are there any files in there?  Mine is empty other than an empty `Panels' sub directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that I have a full complement of folders in the plug-ins directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all the folders and plugins that you mistakenly copied from a previous version of Photoshop.

The Photoshop plugins directory in CS6 and CC is only for third party plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that is "mistaken" here, Mr. Cox, is YOUR assumption that anything was copied from anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

Delete all the folders and plugins that you mistakenly copied from a previous version of Photoshop.

The Photoshop plugins directory in CS6 and CC is only for third party plugins.

So, your saying that the `plugins' directory is supposed to be empty on a new install of cc?

Do you happen to know where mini bridge loads from?  When I have bridge cc running and open a photo in PScc from bridge, then when I hit 'File/Browse in mini bridge', I get a small dialog box telling me the mini-bridge extension is not installed.

If it were installed, where whould the launch file be?  Can the alleged extension be gotten hold of anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the response I just received from Adobe Support...”Navin Babu: Photoshop CC doesn't have Minibridge.. it is limited to Photoshop CS6”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that is plain wrong - I have Photoshop CC running with Minibridge working in it. The only problem I have is that I need to run Bridge first. If I don't have Bridge running I get a box that says I need to launch Bridge but clicking on on the button doesn't work. If I manually open Bridge then it is fine and Minibridge works.

I am using Windows BTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this is a wrong answer, I was just passing it along. The behavior you describe is exactly how CS6 is working, but CC is presenting an error message instead of loading minibridge, whether bridge CC is running or not. My question is, is this behavior in CC linked to having both CC and CS6 installed simultaneously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I mis-understood.

If it helps the debate - I have CS6 and CC installed and it is working as I described above.

Cheers

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John – Do you subscribe to the full Creative Cloud or only to the Photoshop CC/Lightroom subscription? I do not have a full CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjr

Like you I have the Photoshop / Lightroom package.

Cheers

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a full CC subscription and have the same problem.  cannot load either mini bridge or adobe exchange through photoshop.  So problem is not limited to the reduced photography subscription.

Andie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS CC 2014 opening File/Browse In Bridge... opens the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, even with Bridge CC already opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve221 wrote:

Using PS CC 2014 opening File/Browse In Bridge... opens the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, even with Bridge CC already opened.

Not on my workstation I running Windows 7 Pro.  What OS do you use.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Win7-Pro 64.

Just tried it again and now it works.  Maybe a recent update I did fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this - Helped me - Only a workaround - Seems Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 does not support flash

Adobe Mini Bridge Work Around For Photoshop CC 2014 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have CC on my laptop (only CC and I downloaded it when it launched) and mini bridge works the same way as you described for me but loaded CC 2014 on my desktop and mini bridge is gone. It really sucks not being able to utilize this function.

Laptop runs Windows 8 and desktop is Windows 7 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines