• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Step Back working differently

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent upgrade to 21.2.2 Step Back started to behave differently. I have the keyboard shortcut Option Command Z mapped to a button on my wacom pen. The previous behaviour was to step backward through previous actions (drawing a line) and it would INCLUDE the previous undo step to a blank cavnas.

Basically I used to be able to draw a line - step back (remove it to a blank canvas) - then draw another line and remove that line to a blank canvas - over and over until I got the line I liked - ad infinitum. Draw remove draw remove draw remove. The step back history would record the blank canvas each time. Now if I draw a line and undo it - I go back to the previous line I drew - no blank canvas. If I step back again I go to the line before that one and the one before that one. If I want there to be NO line - back to blank canvas - I have to erase it. Incredibly frustrating when it takes me 5 or 10 goes to get the line I want. Something has changed OR I have pushed a button or changed a history or preference setting and I can't work it out. I just want to draw it, remove it, draw it, remove it and so on. I hope this makes sense.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi

The keyboard shortcuts changed and there are now multiple undos with Cmd+Z. Play with it with the History panel open to see how it works now.

jane-e_0-1600306635115.png

If you go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and enable "Legacy Undo Shortcuts", they will work as they did in the old days (after you relaunch.)

jane-e_1-1600306932866.png

jane-e_2-1600307013887.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The keyboard shortcuts changed and there are now multiple undos with Cmd+Z. Play with it with the History panel open to see how it works now.

jane-e_0-1600306635115.png

If you go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and enable "Legacy Undo Shortcuts", they will work as they did in the old days (after you relaunch.)

jane-e_1-1600306932866.png

jane-e_2-1600307013887.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane - thank you this has fixed it. I tried a lot of this before but obviously not in the right combination. You are a legend cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Mr_TheDog, I'm glad it's working for you now. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines