Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still GPU issues with Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

new Photoshop version is a nightmare. I have a lot of works to do on Photoshop and I can't, due to issues with bugs with a Radeon Pro 555 2 GB. How is it possible?!

I had problems with Nik Collection plugin for entires weeks. Some minutes ago I opened Photoshop (21.1.1) and it started without the GPU on. Re-opened and it works, but with some problems. I'm very disappointed!

My issues are on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) with Radeon Pro 555 2 GB.

Someone read some official communication from Adobe about that? I read a lot of comments that talks about GPU bugs with last Photoshop version, but nothing about excuses from Adobe.

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac OS are you currently running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, thanks for answering me. I'm using the last version of Catalina, 10.15.5 (19F101).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this suggestion from another post:

Go to System Preferences/Energy Saver.

Untick the box beside "Automatic graphics switching"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote, after restarting Photoshop, the GPU worked again. So no problem now! But next time I'll try your fix.

However I'm occurring some issues using Nik Collection plugins. So I really don't know which could be the issue, but I really need for a fix asap from Adobe.

Here there are some screenshots:

Screenshot 2020-07-02 18.33.25.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-02 18.32.47.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-02 19.01.09.jpg

Screenshot 2020-07-02 10.45.26.jpg

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update your Nik collection after upgrading Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DxO support told me to uninstall and re-install Nik Collection after the update to Photoshop 12.x.x, so yes. I already did it. But it didn't help me. Just some improvement disabling the GPU on Nik Collection plugin. But the issues with Photoshop remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check the energy saver settings in Mac OS? I've found a few posts outside of the forum pointing to the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean about automatically disabling the change of video card? I tried it, but it did not fix the problem. It is confirmed also by the fact that I never had issue like that before in 2 previous years with save energy feature on.

Another strange thing is the following. I start to work to an image with Photoshop with Radeon Pro 555 2 GB. Then I try to work with Nik plugin (that works only without GPU at the moment with Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB), but when I apply the filter and Photoshop try to imports it, the app switchs from first video card to second one.

This causes more than one problem on resolution of the image, movement of the cursor and so on. It is just like if Photoshop need to change immediately video card and it causes the issues. The strange fact is that sometimes it happen, sometimes it do not happen. In these cases I need to restart Photoshop to return to the Radeon video card. It's a nightmare! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can the plugins work in standalone fashion, then you open the file from disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait you have two video cards running? Radeon and Intel HD?

If yes, read the FAQ section on attempting to use two video cards with PS:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html 

"Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with graphics processor accelerated features in Photoshop."

There is a link to troubleshooting but the simple answer is to run both monitors off one video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback guys. It passed a bit of time, but the issue is still there. Today was working on some still life and this was the result.

Here it is a little video-screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp9phs48hpzm0xj/Registrazione%20schermo%202020-09-11%20alle%2015.57.04.mov

I saw a little improvement trying disable the automatic change of video card. But I'm starting to think that my video card is not more supported. Or not more updated. I'm very frustrated by this. I'm talking about a 2017 MacBook Pro. It really haven't any sense.

I bought a 3000 euro notebook to be in this situation just after a pair of year. It really haven't a sense!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback guys. It passed a bit of time, but the issue is still there. Today was working on some still life and this was the result.

I saw a little improvement trying disable the automatic change of video card. But I'm starting to think that my video card is not more supported. Or not more updated. I'm very frustrated by this. I'm talking about a 2017 MacBook Pro. It really haven't any sense.

I bought a 3000 euro notebook to be in this situation just after a pair of year. It really haven't a sense!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines