• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for native full-screen mode on macOS

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that full screen apps is a wonderful idea. I can start in such a way some of the apple apps (safari, imail, numbers) - I like switching between them. It will be desirable to enable this option for Ligtroom & Photoshop (both CS and Elements) to behave in similar way under new Mission Control stuff...

Idea Under review
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016
As of versions 6.6 and CC2015.6, this is supported in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012
I thought I'd take a moment to outline OS X's fullscreen mode in relation to Photoshop's Full Screen Modes and explain why we stuck with our Full Screen Mode:

Here's the short story: If we replace Photoshop's Full Screen mode with the native 10.7 full screen mode, then our users will loose the following functionality:

• The ability to use multiple displays while in fullscreen mode

• The ability to switch between different document windows while in fullscreen mode

This in not something our long...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 386 Replies 386
386 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're an artist who draws. How is the iPad for that? And how good are the apps on the iPad so far.

I been wondering about getting one myself but waiting for more reviews from artists. Preferably reviews who also share their experience on how it is in comparison to a Cintiq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is one. Looks like it compares pretty well. http://www.loopinsight.com/2015/11/17...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for apps, I highly recommend you check out Procreate 3. http://procreate.si

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The main issue I have is that my left hand wouldn't be doing anything when drawing. I've gotten used to using hotkeys with my left hand. On an iPad Pro however I'd only be holding the device with my left hand.

Then again. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Maybe a more streamlined experience, which is more like traditional paper, and less like... well... Photoshop, might feel like a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend getting a smart cover to prop up the iPad and drawing on a desk when possible. I'm no artist, but I've actually more or less phased out the Mac from my daily workflow, I use just my iPad Air 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, on the Mac, if you want an alternative to Photoshop that plays nicer with OS X I HIGHLY recommend Pixelmator. http://www.pixelmator.com/mac/ It's also available for iOS http://www.pixelmator.com/iOS/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops forgot URLs are can sensitive the iOS link is http://www.pixelmator.com/ios/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been pretty stellar on the Pro so far, the Pencil is fantastic. Not to mention, I can pull in a notes app at the same time and jot down some common values to look at while I work *cough*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I heard that the Pencil was out of stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It entered a "sold out" status ridiculously quickly. Some of my friends lucked out checking in constantly at Apple Stores, and I lucked out being amongst the first orders- the ol' hovering over the Apple Store App a little bit past midnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Lightroom Native Fullscreen is implemented now (finally!), can someone at Adobe tell us when Photoshop will finally get the Native Fullscreen Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ability for Photoshop to go full screen on Mac OSX would be welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Here's the short story: If we replace Photoshop's Full Screen mode with the native 10.7 full screen mode, then our users will loose the following functionality:

The ability to use multiple displays while in fullscreen mode
The ability to switch between different document windows while in fullscreen mode"

I guess that the adobe devs are now considering supporting expected ful screen behaviour as of el capitan? (crosses fingers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to have the Adobe apps be able to go full screen on my Mac? I love swiping between applications and it's a bit of a chore to open up a new desktop for each adobe app I'm using at the same time. Please support full screen mode on Macs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's been another half year since this was supposedly being visited with the team, still no word at all if that even happened.

We'll probably see the next OS X update arrive before any more news of this hits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly "full screen mode" in Photoshop and Lightroom are different. Lightroom allows the application to fill the screen and hide the Dock, Photoshop doesn't allow hiding of the Dock unless auto-hide is enabled on the Mac. It seems odd that one application does such a nice job of giving a clean workspace (Lightroom) but Photoshop doesn't have a similar option. Why not have similar full screen modes on the applications with a consistent view across the applications?

Does this need to be raised as a feature request to Adobe?

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobs45858863 wrote:

If I understand correctly "full screen mode" in Photoshop and Lightroom are different. Lightroom allows the application to fill the screen and hide the Dock, Photoshop doesn't allow hiding of the Dock unless auto-hide is enabled on the Mac.

I have the Dock visible with auto-hide off. The Dock isn't covered when I choose View > Full Screen with Menu Bar, but the Photoshop window does cover the Dock and the entire screen when I choose View > Full Screen. This is in Yosemite with Photoshop CC 2015, so maybe it works differently in other versions.

The current situation is:

• Photoshop maintains the two full screen options it's had for around 20 years. It doesn't specifically support OS X Full Screen mode. Illustrator, InDesign, and others have full screen options that are consistent with Photoshop.
  • Lightroom, which is much newer, maintains its own three full screen options (Window > Screen Mode), none of which match OS X Full Screen mode. But in OS X El Capitan, the latest version of Lightroom also supports OS X Full Screen mode (Window > Enter Full Screen). So you can now do it either way.

On the subject of a feature request, there's an existing one over at the Photoshop Feedback site (Photoshop/Lightroom: Support for full-screen apps in Mac OSX 10.7 Lion), so you can either vote up that one, or add a new one if that isn't the one you wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software suite is very expensive and so am pretty surprised none of these programs are keeping up with normal full screen use on this operating system.

Pretty disappointing, I understand not having it supported initially, but this makes Adobe out of touch with software. Makes me question if its something I'll continue to use, as its becoming a pain to work around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such Bull#%$ from Adobe. The Fullscreen and Framed Layout of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are so stupid! What does it take. When using several Monitors in OSX constantly the Dialogs pop over, under or somewhere off the screen or on the wrong screen. The dumb software doesn't register what the context based current screen of action is, especially when I have decided to be in an "Application Frame". I don't get how the new Xd or Acrobat software can have native OSX Fullscreen support, and the more complex softwares still don't. I mean, at least give me an option in the Window Menu or like other Apps do it... when alt-click on the green full-screen button you get the "+", by default its the native OS X full screen. I am extensive OSX spaces user, and Adobe just is always the case of frustration... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue applies to the whole Adobe CC Suite, not just Photoshop.

The recent preview release of Adobe Experience Design plays nice with Mac OSX's native window management which suggests it's on the radar going forward but I find it frustrating that such an important UX feature hasn't been given priority where the competition has been offering it for years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's crazy that Photoshop doesn't automatically hide the dock, but I have a work-around that sort of works. I press the 'F' key twice to go to total fullscreen mode (everything gone, including the dock and toolbars) and then press 'tab' to bring back my layers palette and toolbars. The dock stays gone and I can access most things apart from the menu bar at the top.

I just thought I'd mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We meet again. Under 2 months from now, we're going to likely see the next version of OS X. Glad to see this "consideration" and "team meetings" bore such evident fruit.

Seriously Adobe, get it done already. Make the suite OS X full-screen compatible. It's only been around since Lion for crying out loud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still want this feature so I can easily switch from other fullscreen apps from Mission Control so I can keep my desktop reserved just for accessing file system instead of Photoshop using the same space. Hope they make it Mac OS native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Under consideration" generally means you're considering it at least, guys. We're about to get our 6th OS rehaul from Lion and still nothing. I feel like I'm working with a software suite that just doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate