Highlighted

Stop auto update when saving smart object

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to stop the auto update of smart objects. I use heavy smart objects, linked, and it takes long to update the master image each time I save one of those. Thus, I avoid intermediate saves when the master is open. But it stressing, because photoshop crash, sometimes, and then I losse all my unsaved work.

To avoid that, all I know, is to close/open the master document. This way, it doesn't update uselessly. But it's not a good solution, because I lose my history when I close the master, and I have to crawl my disk to reopen it.

Thanks for your help,

NoirDelire

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stop auto update when saving smart object

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to stop the auto update of smart objects. I use heavy smart objects, linked, and it takes long to update the master image each time I save one of those. Thus, I avoid intermediate saves when the master is open. But it stressing, because photoshop crash, sometimes, and then I losse all my unsaved work.

To avoid that, all I know, is to close/open the master document. This way, it doesn't update uselessly. But it's not a good solution, because I lose my history when I close the master, and I have to crawl my disk to reopen it.

Thanks for your help,

NoirDelire

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this sounds like an underpowered computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. If my computer was more powerfull, it will be solved. But... this is not an option, because I don't want to spend the cash for that right now.

I have a Win10 PC, I5 3330, with 16 Gb ram, 500 Gb SSD and GTX1060. It is very stable, and run most steam's games full option smooth.

Thanks for your reply,

NoirDelire

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0