Highlighted

Strange 'Line' Bug with Windows Ink; No pressure without Windows Ink

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent version of Photoshop 2020 (21.2.2) with an XP Pen Artist 15.6. I booted it up today to start drawing and as soon as I started drawing it started creating these very strange lines. It is pictured below, it speaks for its self. 

Capture.PNG

When I draw, it creates these lines. It's also very slow when attempting to draw. To try and combat this, I turned OFF Windows Ink. As shown below you can see that the problem does not lay with my tablet. The lines are NOT the fault of the tablet, as it can draw perfectly fine WITHOUT Windows Ink.

Capture.PNGI would use this perfectly fine, but there is one problem. Windows Ink does not allow pen pressure. Yes, I have done the 'UseSystemStylus' tactic with PSUserConfig.txt. It still does not work. I fail to understand why either of these problems are occuring. 

I have tested out my tablet in other programmes and proven that it works perfectly fine, once more, the problem is not with a malfunctioning tablet.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Strange 'Line' Bug with Windows Ink; No pressure without Windows Ink

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent version of Photoshop 2020 (21.2.2) with an XP Pen Artist 15.6. I booted it up today to start drawing and as soon as I started drawing it started creating these very strange lines. It is pictured below, it speaks for its self. 

Capture.PNG

When I draw, it creates these lines. It's also very slow when attempting to draw. To try and combat this, I turned OFF Windows Ink. As shown below you can see that the problem does not lay with my tablet. The lines are NOT the fault of the tablet, as it can draw perfectly fine WITHOUT Windows Ink.

Capture.PNGI would use this perfectly fine, but there is one problem. Windows Ink does not allow pen pressure. Yes, I have done the 'UseSystemStylus' tactic with PSUserConfig.txt. It still does not work. I fail to understand why either of these problems are occuring. 

I have tested out my tablet in other programmes and proven that it works perfectly fine, once more, the problem is not with a malfunctioning tablet.

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think new version of Photoshop is not wokring well with your pen so you have to wait for something final version or revert back to last version which is working for you...regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to 21.0.3 where WinTab support worked.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines