Strange Pen Path Behavior - Known Issue

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: This is a known issue, and Adobe now recommends rolling back to V22.2.0 See attached Adobe info. Looks like there's no 22.4.0 fix for this yet. Anyone have futher info?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#PenToolcreatespointsbuttheydonotconnect

I also have a phenomenon where adjust color in curves results in new control points on the curves moving continuously. I no longer suspect my workstation, but suspect another bug in PS. Anyone else with this?

Original Post: Unusual phenomenon where on a specific file only, using the pen tool on a clipping path produces control points that are NOT CONNECTED. Each click, or click-drag results in a series of unique control points not connected to a path. I tried computer restart, no change. Then reset PS Prefs assuming corruption. Returned to the specific file -same phenomenon. I created new file, and pen tool operation was normal. I copied path from new file, pasted into problem file, as was able to continue the new path normally. Seems like a bug with this particular PS file.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon? Is that a knwon issue/bug?

(File is an 8bit, RGB PS file, supplied by cleint)

Using PS 22.3.0 

OS 10.14.6 MacPro

(waiting to upgrade to new OS until important legacy app goes 64 bit soon)

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug. 

Maintain a Work Path, then working on named Paths should work as expected. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines