Highlighted

STRANGE! Very Strange Action behavior :(

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

problem:"Auto Color Correction Options" inside an action that is played by another action doesn't work.

I get: The command "Select" is not currently available.

How to reproduce the issue (details in the video): LINK 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

STRANGE! Very Strange Action behavior :(

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

problem:"Auto Color Correction Options" inside an action that is played by another action doesn't work.

I get: The command "Select" is not currently available.

How to reproduce the issue (details in the video): LINK 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the Action and the document you played the action on.  It is likely that some document condition is compatible with the sequence of steps recorded in the action.  Action are recorded on document that may have some layer structure.  Document you play the action may need to have some layers structure like the document the action was recorded on. Most actions have some document dependencies.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack!

you can download the files -> HERE

Thanks in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be a Problem. The Action work on that image file  in CS6 and CC 2018.   It does not work in CC 2014, CC 2019 and PS 2020 version 21.2.1.   The way it fails is also very strange. For the way it will fail  in versions will change with each play.  For example in PS 2020 The first play and the second play fail differently.  In the second Play the Dialog opens but the radio button change nothing and when I click OK there  is a pop-up Program error message. Then wit the third play  Photoshop crashed.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your goal? You want to change paremeters inside Auto Color Corrections Options dialogue while playing action or you want custom preset applied? Have you tried to rcord action without Insert Menu Item but actually performing action and later enabling modal control for that step?

enable modal for step.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Goal: to change paremeters inside Auto Color Corrections Options dialogue while playing action...

regarding this: ".... Have you tried to rcord action without Insert Menu Item but actually performing action and later enabling modal control for that step?" -> this is not really possible 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"this is not really possible"

What is not possible? To manually change parameters while playing action as explained above? Have you tried? You can change parameters each and every time while playing action without any additional step, just turn modal for Make adjsutment layer step. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have stumbled onto Adobe issues that are in some version of Photoshop your action triggers  the issue so the bugs bite.

The Problem I have is I do not know where thet menu item you inserted is located in Photoshop UI it  is not something I use.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu item can be acesed from Properties after activating/creating Curves adjustment layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case there is no properties in the property widnow when you play my action.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spotted the bugs trigger.  If the Propertied panel is open in site the Action will play and work as recorded.  If the panel is not open  the bug will bite.

Please report the bug to Adobe They will not fix CC 2014 or cc 2019 they may fix PS 2020

The strange thing is CC 2018 doe not have and issue the Action works with the panel closed.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack: how I can report this to Adobe?

Can you record a Video how to avoid this bug in PS 2020? Your properties panel hint doesn't work for me 😞

Thanks in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You report bugs on Adobe's Feedback Site Photoshop family   I do not need to create a video to show use Photoshop menu Window>Propeties to open your Properties panel then play your action.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When recording action turn on modal control for step Make adjustment layer which will create new Curves adjustment.

When playing action you will see Curves dialogue. Click on Options button, set option and confirm. That should do the trick if I can understand what exactly you want to do.

curve options.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0