• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke command greyed out

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the prefrences on quit. I've restarted PS. Yet Stroke is stilled greyed out along with many other commands. Why would any of them be greyed out and does anyone have any other solutions to fixing this? I am pretty good at PS but this has me stumped. None of the normal fixes are working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nolan5C73_0-1602090744644.png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a different version. I still can't use any of these commands -- and the one I really need to use right now is Stroke. Any suggestions? I've read every related post and followed every suggestion so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stroke has requirements are you meeting them.  Do have a layer that can be stroked targeted and have and active selection or path to be stroked?

It look like you may have a smart object layer targeted.  You can add a stroke layer style to that  layer you can not stroke a smart object layer its pixels are hardened  they can not be changed with Photoshop tools.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Nolan5C73 ,

To add a stroke to your Smart Object, do this:

• Double click the Smart Object icon in the Layers panel
  • Go to Edit > Stroke > select the settings you desire > OK
  • Save and close the S.O. to return to Photoshop

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines