• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke path not deleting completely

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a simple door with the Pen tool, applied a 'Stroke Path with brush'. But when I select the pixels in the layer and do Delete, a sort of outline remains. How do I completely remove the stroke when doing 'Stroke Path with brush'.

Screenshot (65).pngScreenshot (66).pngScreenshot (67).pngScreenshot (68).pngScreenshot (69).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

»This "outline" is still left behind, I'm not sure why.«

This »outline« is as expected – you were using the Brush Tool, not the Pencil Tool, after all. 

The round brush has an »anti-aliased« edge even at 100% Hardness, so there are pixels present that have opacities other than 0% and 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you check at 100 %

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When loading a Layer’s transparency and using that Selection to delete the Layer’s content obviously all pixels that are not 100% selected will not be 100% deleted. 

So I am not sure what your problem is exactly; did you intend to use the Pencil instead of the Brush? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand what you mean. But what I probably want is for it to select 100% of the pixels and delete them. I don't want that 'stroke' that stays behind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Brush tip and settings you use? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was just a simple hard round brush with default settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a truly meaningful answer. 

Please post the screenshots that illustrate the settings, so inclue the Brush Settings Panel, Toolbar, Options Bar, …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brush.png

Hard round brush with default settings, nothing's changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flow is set to 90% for example so it seems irrelevant what you think the »default settings« are. 

What exactly did you do in the image in the screenshot? Stroke the path with black, then white? 

Because the result would not be surprising then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same as the original post:

1. Create a path with pen tool
  2. Use 'Stroke path with brush' in paths panel
  3. Ctrl + Click the layer's thumnail in Layers to select the pixels
  4. Delete

This "outline" is still left behind, I'm not sure why. If I do Ctrl + Click again on the thumbnail, it does says "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected." which corresponds to your earlier reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»This "outline" is still left behind, I'm not sure why.«

This »outline« is as expected – you were using the Brush Tool, not the Pencil Tool, after all. 

The round brush has an »anti-aliased« edge even at 100% Hardness, so there are pixels present that have opacities other than 0% and 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines