• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Brush Tool, which now behaves like the eraser

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the most recent version of PS 2012(cc) on a Mac Pro with Catalina, also most recent version since I Autoupdate.  Intermittently, when I am using the Brush tool, I find I cannot switch tools, ie, if I select Move, or Clone, etc. the cursor remains stuck on the brush (round cursor) and now behaves like the Eraser Tool.  I have tried resetting all the tools, quitting PS (sometimes effective), quitting CC (sometimes effective), and rebooting (always returns to normal functionality).  I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling PS.

Tried calling Adobe support but was disconnected at least 4 times. Hoping for a suggestion here, or to find out if anyone else is having the problem, ie is it a bug that I can hope will be fixed in a future update?

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please try resetting the preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Also, maybe this info can be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Much appreciated. I did all that and have kept the method for reference. When the problem re-occurred, I have determined that my Wacom stylus was at the root of it. (Side buttons sticking without my knowing it). Replaced the stylus and so far so good. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines