• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Hand Tool

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help as I have no luck with Apple or Adobe so far. Here goes...

I signed up to Creative Cloud 5 days ago, however I have not been able to create anything so far due to being stuck on the hand tool. Here is a quick summary of facts:

Adobe Creative Cloud programs tried - Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator

All three programs will run for about 5-10 mins before becoming locked on the hand tool. The only way to get rid of this bug is to reboot my Mac, which is impractical. Adobe did take over my MacBook, uninstalled Creative Cloud, then reinstalled and the problem developed again. They told me it was a Apple fault....

I have spent the last two days talking to apple......

Apple MacBook

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) with macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3. Apple have wiped clean and then reloaded my time machine back up twice (in the last two days) I have also had my keyboard cleaned and the space bar is working correctly. Apple cannot find a fault and have told me it is an adobe problem....

Anyone got any ideas, solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is almost always a stuck spacebar...I say almost just to keep an open mind. I have never heard of other causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that one my friend, way kind of hoping it would be the space bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of reasons, thoroughly covered in this thread.

Hand tool (spacebar) isn't working

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are hand tool not working, here it's always working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Those are hand tool not working, here it's always working

One of those days where I invert a detail when looking up stuff.

Still it might be an idea idea to boot your Mac into Safe Mode by hold down the Shift key on your Mac during Startup to see if it persists, then restart into Normal mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried your suggestion and same problem. I did a quick apple update about an hour ago so all current and the problem is still there. Basically I can open Photoshop, indesign or illustrator and roughly with in 10-20 mins the selection tools become stuck on the hand tool. It is very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be back later. If I find out something, I'll get back to you.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gene, I will be back onto adobe on Monday! If I have not gone mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, to give you something for the weekend, here is a thread relating to the "stuck" hand tool.

Hand tool stuck in CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll also note that restoring from Time Machine doesn't help because the problem can be in the accounts, applications, application settings and any third party items.

Font managers, AV programs, browsers or Helper utilities can clash with CC and make it look like the problem is coming from there.

if you have a spare SSD drive and a SATA to USB connector, you can install HS there, boot into it and fresh install CC on a clean account there. Then you can see if the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on space bar few times. Might help !!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this problem with Photoshop CC 20.0.7 under Mac OS 10.14.6. Hittings space bar does not correct it. I can hit other keys to select tools (e.g. t selects the Text tool) but the cursor remains a hand and only moves the canvas regardless of what tool is selected.

Spacebar works fine in all other apps so there's no keyboard hardware issue.

Quit & restarted, tried different psd & image files, no luck yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue on OS X 10.15.1 / Photoshop 21.1

Anyone solved the issue of Photoshop stuck on the handtool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue for me was an app called Duet on OS X.

I've since uninstalled the app, and Photoshop is now working fine.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% the answer! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to find duet app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all I can find is an app to install not one that's already been installed. I just need photoshop to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duet? how do i find that? My hand tool is stuck... I have restarted my computer and installed the latest veriosn of photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too! How on Earth did you determine that was the culprit??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem of the hand tool being stuck but don't have Duet.  Are there any other apps that coudl cause this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines