• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stuck on move tool

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I plug in my Wacom tablet everything will be fine for about 15 minutes, photoshop will then switch over to the move tool and only the move tool! all key board shortcuts will not work, nor dose clicking. if I use my mouse everything works perfectly.  i tried updating the drivers for both the Wacom tablet and my commuter but nothing works! I cant use any tools at all!

Mac IOS 10.14

Wacom intuos pro mediem

photoshop 2019

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working with Wacom support the last thing we tried for this same exact issue seemed to help.  It still occasionally switches back to move tool but, it is no longer stuck on that tool.  At least it is usable.   If you found a permanent solution to this please let me know, otherwise give the below a try. 

Reset Photoshop Preferences:

Please hold down Command, Option, Shift while starting up Photoshop. These buttons need to be pressed and held as soon as you click the icon to open the program. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file. If the box does not open, close the program and try again, the timing needs to be correct. Once the dialog box opens, select yes to delete the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually ignore this reply.  While it did work for a bit, I know am completely back to what it was doing and can't get it out of the move tool.  Let me know if you find anything useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Wacom Center and restore the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after a year this is still an issue like bruh. is there a fix cuz i've tried a few things, but no luck thus far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this issue as well... Have you had any success fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that installing the newest wacom driver fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh see i have the issue of using a college campus computer that doesn't allow updates without an admin password. guess i'm stuck with mouse and keyboard then lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Activity Monitor and Force Quit "Wacom Tablet Driver"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked like a charm, thank you so much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still a problem? Why isn't Adobe/Wacom doing anything about it? This completely renders my tablet useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Activity Monitor and Force Quit "Wacom Tablet Driver"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines