• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on "reading preferences" loading screen

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try and open Photoshop it gets stuck on the "reading preferences" screen, it freezes and then it says it's not responding so I have to force stop it. I have the latest version (2021) on Windows 10. I feel like I've tried everything I could find on the internet and nothing has made it work. I've tried resetting my preferences, clearing my font cache, uninstalling/reinstalling, everything. It worked perfectly fine a few hours ago, but now it does this. I just recently downloaded it so I haven't changed anything about the program. It just randomly stopped working.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try deleting your Photoshop 2021 user appdata.  Start PS 22 from scratch.  Delete or rename

"C:\Users\Your User Id)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\"

Also make sure you have the latest device drivers installed four your display adapter GPU.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines