• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription or Elements

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CS5 on a Mac. My mac has given up the ghost and I have to get a new one, which means I cannot use CS5. I have thousands of photos, some with lots of layers. I am reluctant to pay for a photoshop subscription., but don't know if Elements could cope with the numbers of layers I might use. Would Elements be able to cope with large numbers of layers on photos?  I am constantly adding to a photo family tree, which has over a hundred layers.

Any advice or thoughts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the seven day Photoshop 2020 trial or, alternatively, pay a bit more and licence PS by the month(s) you need it.

P.S. Hope you've made back-up copies of this project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will probably have to do that. Yes, I have backed up all my photos on an external hard drive It took six hours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the type of layers, Elements may not work. It's only about $100 to try out, but I feel that with that level of complexity, you will be frustrated. My daughter has Elements and I have a horrible time using it, as so many things are unavailable in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I may get the subscription initially, then buy Elements + after I have finished doing my present work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan includes the latest version full of Photoshop, and updates as they become available ,plus Lightroom and Storage for around $10 a month. Much cheaper than your new Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but I am feeling a bit poor after buying a new Mac! Having bought a licence previously, I am a bit peeved at now having to pay a subscription, especially as I was happy with CS5. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines