• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden Lag in Brush Tool after problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was painting in photoshop when my ALT key got stuck, which sometimes happens to my computer naturally, and in which case I restart or CTRL+ALT+DELETE to resolve.

Usually no issue derives from it. However after it happened this time and restarting my computer I noticed that the brush tool is now painfully slow so I'm wondering if I acidentally triggered something. The eraser seems fine somehow? And I'm using the usual brushes. The problem is there whether I use the mouse or the tablet to draw, and only occurs in photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Thank you, I am using that version but it was exclusively the brush tool and it turns out in the whole ALT key being stuck madness I had the smoothing turned up more than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you using Photoshop 2021 version 22 I find the is some bug in it the given an opportunity it will bit and when it bites Photoshop performance takes a hit. All thins starts to lag and the lag seems to build up.  You start to notice  things you can not select text. pen tool rubber band does not show right away, deaggins lags, etc. 

You do not need to reboot just close Photoshop and restart it.  I have not been able to tell what triggers the bug to bite. We are better off using Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4 right now.  Many users are having issues with Photoshop 2021 version 22.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am using that version but it was exclusively the brush tool and it turns out in the whole ALT key being stuck madness I had the smoothing turned up more than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because clicking ALT+ a number changes the brush smoothing to that percentage aparently... Just to clarify lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines