• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly Can't "Save As" or Create New File

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a few days ago, I'm suddenly not able to "Save As" any files as .PSD or create any new files within Photoshop. I can still export to other file types like .jpg and .png. I can also open files sometimes but not always. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop. I even tried some type of bug cleaner I read about on another forum (I'm sorry, I can't remember what it was called). As far as I know, I haven't made any other changes or updates to my operating system or computer. I'm running version 21.1.1 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3. It's very frustrating and getting in the way of my ability to do work. Can anyone please offer any suggestions? Just let me know if you need further information. Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Did you try InDesign > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit? Be sure to save custom presets, custom brushes, etc. first. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try InDesign > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit? Be sure to save custom presets, custom brushes, etc. first. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, it worked! I feel like I had tried this same trick before a few days ago without success, but maybe my Photoshop needed an update too? Anyway, it works now. Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Laryssaw!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same issue as laryssaw was having but I don't know what you mean by "quit" I don't see anything that is close to this under General.

Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines