• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Resolution in camera RAW fails with warning 'Hardware Enhance Details requires a graphics card

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware Enhance Details requires a graphics card with Metal support warning pops up when I click 'Enhance' in camera raw. I am using a Macbook pro 16 (2019) which definietly has metal support. Any help would be apprciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue except on my 2019 iMac. I have the 8GB Radeon Pro 580x GPU which is very much metal compatible according to Apple. I've done all Photoshop and OS updates. I've reset all my Photoshop settings. Still get the same issue. Photoshop system info is detecing my GPU as well. It works fine on my MBP, but not my iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I managed to figure it out myself after ALOT of digging - this is clearly an annoying bug or osmething that adobe havent figured out how to fix but heres the fix:

Whats happening is your photoshop has crashed your graphics card at some point recently, and when this happens it creates a temporary disable on your GPU so the next time you open photoshop it doesnt just crash again. You need to delete this temporary disable of your GPU in order for photoshop/adobe raw to be able to accsess your Metal.  

To find it, go to Library>application support>adobe>photoshop/camer raw> and there is a file that is claled something like 'TemporaysidableGPU'  (this isnt the exact path, I cant remember what it is but youll find it with that info!)

Once you deleted that file, re-open photoshop and you are good to go again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleting the TempDisableGPU2 file in the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Strangely - I don'g have a GPU folder and I can't find a TempDisableGPU2 (or 3) file anywhere on my drive. I have the path all the way to Camera Raw, and a few other sub folders in there, but not GPU. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop, still no go. However, I can't find a way to remove or re-install Camera RAW. My Photoshop preferences show the Graphics card is detected and enabled. Any other ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind - I found the file and got it sorted out. Your steps worked like a charm. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines