Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Resolution repeatedly creates weird artifacts

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I recently discovered the super resolution feature in Photoshop and as I still own a lot of pictures that I took with my Canon 600D (18MP) I would like to increase the MP to some selected photos.

I tried to apply it to various photos now but every time the processing is done I receive the following result, which includes these weird artifacts. I applied this to 4 other photos but it never shows the result without these artifacts. 

superresolution issue.JPG

Do you have a solution or workaround for this problem? It would be much appreciated.

Please let me know in case you need further information.

Thank you. 

Max

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks very much like a GPU driver issue. Try updating those yet? NVIDIA released new Studio drivers almost a week ago. (Not sure about AMD/Radeon.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. I have updated all my hardware, software and drivers. When I first updated the gpu, RAW gave me an error message, Graphics acceleration disabled, but it worked fine for two images. It then went back to the brightly colored bands but I was able to switch between Auto, Custom and Off in the performance preferences again. None of the settings change anything. If I try just the RAW enhance it creates colored bands also but smaller.

My cpu, gpu and RAM are more than equal to the requirements but I did see that others with the same issue in other forums had Dell computers as I do. Does anyone know what may be causing this? 

My images are also from Canon cameras; my 60D and a 1000D I'm teaching my son with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines