• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super sensitive scrolling and zooming

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a problem across all Adobe-programs, som I'm not sure where to post this. However, I mostly use Photoshop, so I'm trying it out here.

For a long time now (several years probably) all form of scrolling or zooming in Adobe-programs are super sensitive, making it hard to zoom in photoshop or scrolling a document in Acrobat without overshooting. I've tried to google this many times, but had no luck so now I'm trying here.

I have a Macbook Pro 2017, running Mac OS 11.0.1, however this has been a problem across several OS-iterations. In addition I have bluetooth mouse and Wacom Cintiq Pro with EQ-remote. I did have a Wacom Cintiq 22HD up until last year and the problems were there as well.

Scroll sensitivity is normal in all other apps, as well as Clip Studio Paint and Affinity-programs (which are the other software I use that is the most similar to Adobe apps).

I have turned down the sensitivity to it's absolute minimum, both for mouse settings in system preferences as well as Wacom settings in it's driver, without noticing anything different. Wacom drivers are up to date.

I've added a couple of videos to show how the zooming is in Photoshop vs. Clip Studio Paint, using the same finger travel on the scroll wheel on the Wacom remote. Using the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom is just as bad.

All help is very much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With «a long time» you meand since 2016?

Do you have Animated Zoom enabled?

Preferences > Tools > Animated Zoom (desable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe? I honestly can't remember and for the past year or so, I haven't used Adobe's software all that much at home, so my memory is a bit hazy.

It was enabled. I deactivated animated zoom and restarted photoshop. It's seems to have smoothed out the experience somewhat, it's still too sensitive for my liking, however slightly easier to control. This is the case for Indesign and Illustrator as well. Each scroll whit the mouse wheel (with free rolling wheel or stepped) it goes 50%>100%>200%>300%. For the most part, sometimes it does bigger jumps, other times smaller. These are the steps the zoom does via hot keys as well (cmd+space+mouse click). Still, I can't really see that it's supposed to by design when compared to the much, much smoother experiences in Clip Studio Paint and Affinity Publisher to name but two. I hope it's just a setting I have yet to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still remains a large problem for me. What is interesting is that in the Liquify-window, the zooming is pretty much perfect. Much smoother and controllable. It looks to me that there are different zoom/scroll sensitivity settings at play here. Is there any way I can transfer the scroll-settings i Liquify-mode to the rest of photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing something similar:
MacBook Pro 2023 - Ventura 13.4.1, Trackpad use (not mouse)

Photoshop 2019, main window: scrolling is only a 10px jump at a time, zooming by 3.3% increments, pinch to zoom supported (even can zoom 0.1% at a time!)

Photoshop 2019, liquify window: scrolling is a 50px jump at a time, zooming by 3.3% increments still, no pinch to zoom

Animate 2023, main window: scrolling is a 130px jump at a time, zooming 20-25% increments, no pinch to zoom

The 10px and 3.3% are wonderful. The 130px and 25% are horrific. I don't see any settings to alter this and I don't know why it's so terrible. What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines