• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG file issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make SVG files on Photoshop CC to be used in other programs like Cricut. As of recently, the SVG files are not loading to the other programs. The SVG files will open fine online, in Photoshop, in Krita, or even Inkscape, but when they are imported to a cut and print program, the files just won't load. How do I fix that issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't given us much to go on.  SVG is merely an XML file.  If SVG files are neither zipped nor damaged, it should work. See if anything in this article helps you.  See the special note for Cricut Design Space users (half way down the page).

https://kellylollardesigns.com/blogs/news/tutorial-corrupt-files

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The errors that come up with Cricut is 'The uploaded SVG contained the following items that are not supported: Non embedded image elements' or it loads blank. Other programs load the file as blank, or they just can't open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem trying to import into Sure Cut A Lot 5.  I get an error " Failed to load the image.  Image is either not suppported or invalid"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They used to work just fine, but as of recently, there are issues. I thought maybe it was the cut and print program, but it's the SVG files themselves. I've tried saving them in different ways, but the problem persists. I thought maybe it was because some of my SVG's had color to them, but even simple black and white ones are not working either. I like Photoshop, but I don't know what else to do to fix the issue regarding SVG's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a vector editor like Illustrator or Inkscape to create your vector shapes and export to SVG.  Photoshop is primarily a raster editor.  I suspect your image contains raster elements and that could be why it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is happening because each layer can only have one color. The color gradients can't be read by Design Space. So if you have any feathering or even one pixel that is grey instead of black on a layer I think that makes Design Space say it's not compatible. I'm trying to figure out how to make all of the gradient colors on one layer one single color but I'm not having the easiest go of it. I really hate Inkscape though so I'm not giving up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try Cricut Help:

https://help.cricut.com/hc/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried, but the SVGs have issues opening on any cut and print program. I prefer photoshop to other programs because I'm familiarized with using it, but I just don't know why it's not saving SVGs like it used to. It saves PNG's, JPEG's, and other files just fine, but when it comes to SVG's, it becomes an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues when I try to export the SVG from Illustrator.  I've tried several different things but nothing appears to be working.  I am creating text to add to Cricut Design Space and possibly sell to others for use in cutting software programs.  I am using only black letters with transparent background.   I've tried using different layers, merging layers, grouping, no grouping, rasterizing, etc.  I just cannot get it to work.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!  I'm at a loss.  😞   I really wanted to add this to my business model but I can't sell files that won't work.  I attached a snap shot of what the error is within the Cricut Design Space software.  I am using a new Macbook air (Late 2020) with Adobe Creative Cloud Illustrator. A2A70334-5F42-405B-A4E6-29167DA81F73.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has nothing to do with Cricut.  You need to contact the manufacturer of your particular die cut machine. 

• Ask which SVG output settings they recommend for your make & model machine. 
  • Failing that, ask them which image software is compatible with their products.

Goobye & good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines