Exit

Swap skies in seconds

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Sky Replacement to shorten your Photoshop editing workflow

Before and after Sky ReplacementBefore and after Sky Replacement

Now, with Sky Replacement, it's easier than ever to create amazing landscape photos, even when your original photo has a boring sky. The Sky Replacement feature automatically isolates the sky in your image from the foreground so you can replace the sky in a matter of seconds. Machine learning models powered by Adobe Sensei do the masking and blending for you and then harmonize the foreground of your image with the chosen sky!

Give it a try by selecting Edit > Sky Replacement from the menu, and then choosing a new sky from our library or yours.   

Sky ReplacementSky Replacement

For more information and to learn how to use Sky Replacement, see Using Sky Replacement.

You can also check out this video for more details: Photoshop Sky Replacement Tips and Tricks.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the symbol to the right of the sky image, you will get another panel where you can click on the plus symbol and  select  your own image. Currently you can only select one sky at a time to add. See: Settings and options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "sky replacement" is grayed out. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using PS 22. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sky Replacement is "greyed out" working with Raw and PSD files but seems to work brilliantly with jpeg's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sky error.png

I have used the sky replacement feature a few times already and when I opened PS today, I get this message.  If I import some of my own files, they work fine, but none of the files that were installed before are available.  Is there a folder where these are stored that I need to reconnect to or some other location????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, the only way I could get the default skies back was to uninstall and reinstall PS.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be an easier way than having to do a reinstall! I also have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing here, anybody has a solution found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me where my files of sky are copied to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE!!! Please, fix the bugs related to sky replacement feature. Unable to merge layers when one of the layer being merged is the Sky replacement layer. Also will not convert to smart object if the sky replacement layer is one of the layers being converted. This just started being an issue 3 days ago. I loved this feature before then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have tried unistalling Photoshop CC and reinstalling it on the creative cloud app. Still did not fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it be replaced with transparency as a means of extracting backgrounds? I do a lot of photo compositing with pieces of various photos stuck together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i get more skies? i am new at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On opening sky replacement, it immediately starts working with the initial sky which means you need to wait until that has finished before you can choose the desired sky replacement.  This costs time and is an unnecessary annoyance, especially when processing multiple files.  Can you fix it such that the dialogue just opens but does NOT start working until you choose the sky you want.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same sky issues, uploaded all of mine and now it can't find any of them.  Messaged Adobe hoping they would get on this since it is such a cool feather that isn't working, it is frustrating cause I want to use it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this available in CS6? I cannot find the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a recent addition so no. CS6 will not include any recently-added features as is not updated by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines