• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatchoos Extension Compatibility Issue PS CC 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Swatchoos plugin to manage my colour swatches on a job-by-job basis as it allows me to save swatch groups for each job.
I colour comic books so I can use it to save swatches for each book/series and access it for the next issue.
I can also open existing artwork from other colourists working on a series prior to me and it will automatically generate swatches from the colours on layers.
However after updating to Photoshop CC 2019 the plugin no longer appears in my extensions list, even after I have reinstalled and the installer reports a successful installation.
I am aware this is most likely a developer side issue, and I've contacted them, but wanted to post here as a warning to any other users of that extension that might be considering updating their PS.
If anyone here knows of any tricks I could try get get this extension to work I'd totally appreciate that info.

Cheers,
S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

I heard back from the developers and the extension should be updated within 3 days which will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the plug-In into CC 2019.  Adobe Photoshop Installer does not migrate third party plug-ins. You need to install plug-ins you want to use in CC 2019 into cc2019.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I reinstalled the extension after I installed CC 2019.
Another extension from the same source installed fine but the Swatchoos one didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard back from the developers and the extension should be updated within 3 days which will fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It not the first time a Plug-in needed to be updated because of a Photoshop udate.  Sometime a plug-in never gets updated like Adobe's mini bridge was just dropped.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed this Extension and it doesn't appear in the Extension list, same as the original poster (PS cc 2020). Did some looking around, the 'send us mail' link near the footer of swatchoos.com is broken and the social media posts are all quite old. Might be abandonware at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Experiencing the same issue, Installed and it does not not appear in the extension list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines