• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching to AMD, but which card for 30-bit colour?

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use an 8GB Nvidia Quadro M4000 in my Mac Pro 2008 which gives me 30-bit colour on my Eizo screen. I use Photoshop CS6 and have no intention of upgrading to CC.

The Mac runs El Capitan but can, with minor trickery, run current versions of macOS. The problem is that there are no Nvidia web drivers for any OS more recent than High Sierra.

I am therefore looking for an equivalent AMD card that gives 30-bit colour. Ideally it should be a single-slot card that is also power efficient.

I've read conflicting things online — some say all consumer AMD cards since several years support 30-bit colour, others say only "pro" cards support this.

As I know very little about AMD's current and more recent cards (I'm also considering used cards), I'd be very grateful for suggestions.

Regards

Philip

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Mac .................. can, with minor trickery, run current versions of macOS"

I can't help you with the AMD card on MAC question (I am a Windows user) but be aware that CS6 will not run on Catalina

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dave. Mojave will be sufficiently recent for my purposes. It is what I use on my other Mac.

Anyone else have suggestions re GPU?

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines