• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0 - "preset sync error message"

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest CC Update 22? I am getting the following error message in Photoshop.

"Something went wrong while syncing your presets. Please try to restart Photoshop to recover."

I have restarted about 5 times, including a full cold boot restart but that has not fixed it.

Essentially it is preventing me from using Photoshop because the error message keeps poppin up.

I am using Windows 10, latest update, but not 11.

Surely, someone else has seen this error message. any ideas??? Mike

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.  We are working on the root cause of this issue. 

If you error appears frequently or interrrupts your work, the suggestion is to turn Preset Sync off. 

Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure your machine has internet connection.
  2. Close Photoshop on all machines.
  3. If you haven’t done so, back up your presets. Copy preset files from Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings folder to a safe location (Brushes.psp, CustomShapes.psp, Gradients.psp, P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Turning off Preset sync is not a fix!

I already submitted my Logs via log collector.

• I solved this by uninstalling PS (delete settings) then deleting all relevant PSv23 settings in user/appdata/roaming/Adobe/Photoshop(Largest version)
  • Reboot.
  • Reinstalled and its working normally apart from some pre-existing bugs that I still need to report (when I have time).

Votes

Translate

Translate
65 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started getting a message at photoshop start up "Something went wrong while syncing your presets. Please try to restart photoshop to recover " But restarting photoshop makes no difference. I'm using windows 10 pro. Nye suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks , Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry,

Did you manage to fix this? Im getting it now since installing Oct vsn of PS. I dont have a lot of C Drive space, I was wondering if it was that?

Thnks bud

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same error for me.
I had this error before with almost every update, usually a uninstall (delete settings) and reinstall fixes this issue, but not this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MacMcCulley , @AH_Photography I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Can you please run Adobe log collector and post output to this thread. We would like to investigate and get back to you as soon as possible.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto...I am getting the same.  Frustrating as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MacMcCulley , @AH_Photography the error you are experiencing will not get resolved with uninstalling/reinstalling or downgrading to an earlier version of he application.

The best option is to turn preset sync OFF. Preset Sync is a setting per machine. If you have Photoshop opened on additional devices, it's recommended to close before turning Preset Sync OFF on any given device.

Turning Preset Sync OFF is done via Preferences > Genereal and unchecking Preset Syncing preference. 

If it's possible, please run log collector to get logs for us to investigate.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @tdschone  , @Brian Curtis Art , @Tom Raffelt  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Can you please run Adobe log collector and post output to this thread. We would like to investigate and get back to you as soon as possible.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much.  

File: AdobeLogs_20211104_122317_023-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here since the new update, plus other errors. Please sort this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off Preset sync is not a fix!

I already submitted my Logs via log collector.

• I solved this by uninstalling PS (delete settings) then deleting all relevant PSv23 settings in user/appdata/roaming/Adobe/Photoshop(Largest version)
  • Reboot.
  • Reinstalled and its working normally apart from some pre-existing bugs that I still need to report (when I have time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the syncing error. But I then get this error message when I try to shut down PS, "Preset syncing is in progress. Once syncing is complete Photoshop will quit." Now I have found that if I just wait out the syncing error message upon start up, PS will eventually start and seems to run okay. I just have to be sure nad let it fully complete its start up before doing any operations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you hear anything back after posting your log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John ,  I have not heard back from Adobe yet as to why this issue is happening.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom, I was afraid you were going to say that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seems every time there are updates and improvements....a different issue arises.   I have rolled back to the prior (or two) PS versions many times but that negates me from using the newest features.   With all due respect to Adobe this continually is frustrating.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been pretty lucky up to this point. So I guess it's my turn to be frustrated. I have found that once I work through the error messages I can leave PS running and it seems to be okay after that. I just hate to leave it running but the start up time otherwise is rediculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone 🙂

What I decided to do in the end (as I couldn't get far) was delete ALL CC Apps and then the CC Desktop App and then did a Clean-up. At one point (before this) I realised that when I was trying to launch the new version of PS my disc space had gone down to 7MB!!

After back-ups of my preferences/brushes/actions etc (which I tend to do now and again just in case) I installed CC Desktop and then installed the new PS AND the 22.5.2 which I knew was working fine before and oddly, I gained 20GB free space. I then added my brushes/actions etc back manually and all was good 🙂

Just so you know, I have another non-root disc inside the machine which had a lot of free space, so edited the installation paths within CC Desktop and told them to install the apps on that. I tried the 'migrate' inside the new version but it didn't really work, so I added prefs and other things back manually and it was perfect.

My opinion (for me anyways) was that there simply was not enough free disc space. I hope this helps? It's a pain deleting all the Apps and CC Desktop etc.. but it was well-worth the few hours of messing around in my opinion. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting same error message - have 175gb of disk space available, so disk space isn't the problem for me.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error one day after updating to PS 2022.  I disabled the GPU and then closed PS, then restarted computer.  Once I re-opened PS the error message was gone.  I re-enabled the GPU, opened a file and did a little work and the error message is yet to return.

To disable GPU go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and unchcek Use Graphics Processor.

I hope this works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work

--
Tom Duggan Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either. All the years and all of the editions of PS I've had I've never had a problem but with this upgrade suddenly I do. And since I'm not the only one I'm hoping Adobe will address it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not your fault. Thanks for the tip. Waiting for Adobe to solve this. At least someone is up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit dem heutigen Update von Photoshop version 23.01 bekomme ich immer die Fehlermeldung, dass bei der Synchronisierung der Vorgaben ein Fehler aufgetreten ist.

Dieses Problem besteht auf 2 verschiedenen PC. Auch eine Neuinstallation brachte keinen Erfolg.

Mit der vorherigen Version bestand das Problem nicht.

LG Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just installed the lastest PS update. Had high hopes that the bug fixes they referred to was the syncing error messages. No such luck, No I get even more error messages, I should say ti's the sam error message I just get a lot more of 'm thas I did before. So whatever Adobe did they need to reverse the process, they went the wrong way.

Votes

Translate

Translate