• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Presets notice

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start Photoshop, I get a dialog box that says, "Automatic Preset Syncing" with instructions to go to Preferences > General to turn on this feature. I click the "Got it" button, and next time I open Photoshop, I get the same notice. Today, I finally decided to go to Preferences and turn this on, and there is no such option in Preferences > General.

I am running Photosop 22.3.1.

See attached images.

I searched the forums and found a post from 2017 (!) saying this feature was removed.

At the same time this notice started appearing, I also started having an issue with Photoshop taking upwards of 5 minutes to launch, getting hung up on the Halide Bottlenecks plug-in. I am running Big Sur 11.2.3, yet all the fixes for the Halide Bottlenecks issue I've seen talk about upgrading to 11.2.1 to fix the issue, so apparently something has brought it back.

I've already uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop, which seemed to fix the issue for a day or two, but then it came back.

Over the years, I have made many changes to my Photoshop preferences, so I would hate to start from scratch, but I suspect this is a prefs issue... Does anyone have any other ideas before I rip the bandage off and click on Reset Preferences on Quit?

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.14.47 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.15.04 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was just about to post this, too. There is no Preset Syncing option on mine, either and I also get that notification every time I open Photoshop. No idea what's going on. They even have a help page about how to enable and use preset syncing, so it's supposed to be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found the attached image in the online Photoshop User Guide, that shows what the Preferences > General panel is supposed to look like, from February 2021:

Sync-your-presets-preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me too.

The help page is this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html?x-product=phsp%2F22.3.1&x-product-location...

But no FAQ in case the option isn't there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines