Sync settings between several computers using Photoshop CC 2021 . Still not possible?

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej, 

is it really still not possible to sync settings and presets between several computers using photoshop cc 2021?

I have a macBook and a workstation (Win 10) and need to sync all settings and presets (brushes, actions, colour settings and shortcuts). Some year ago I remember this was possible using Adobe Cloud, but now I learned Adobe cancelled this opportunity 2015(?). 

2015 is 5 years back in time, is there still no way to automatically sync presets? Can’t believe Adobe pushed Photoshop in to the cloud without giving its users an efficient way to sync. 

Whats would be the most efficient way share presets (actions, brusches, shortcut color settings etc.) between computers today? 

Thank You!

Anders 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync settings between several computers using Photoshop CC 2021 . Still not possible?

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej, 

is it really still not possible to sync settings and presets between several computers using photoshop cc 2021?

I have a macBook and a workstation (Win 10) and need to sync all settings and presets (brushes, actions, colour settings and shortcuts). Some year ago I remember this was possible using Adobe Cloud, but now I learned Adobe cancelled this opportunity 2015(?). 

2015 is 5 years back in time, is there still no way to automatically sync presets? Can’t believe Adobe pushed Photoshop in to the cloud without giving its users an efficient way to sync. 

Whats would be the most efficient way share presets (actions, brusches, shortcut color settings etc.) between computers today? 

Thank You!

Anders 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be easy to copy user application files between  machines if  your  install Photoshop versions into Adobe's default locations.  On windows  user application data dpe Adoneapllpication are off  "C:\Users\jjmac\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\"

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you!

I was hoping there would be a more efficient way to do this. Your method works for synchronising once in a while, but not for continuously.

Have a nice day, and thank you for the screen shot,

Anders

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a method to sync all settings, actions, brushes of photoshop CC 2021 on mac? 10.15 or big sur

i am using photoshop professionally on different macs and at different office locations, so it would be just super-nice to not set up everything from scratch in 2021. thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy your Photoshop preferences to each install on your machines and you can copy or share your photoshop assets via network shares and also via Adobe Cloud and Cloud libraries. Mac OS changes and M1 present some problens check Adobe posted issues.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain this further?  You mention Adobe cloud, which I think would automatically keep machines synced when signed in under the same account.  

Am I able to use Adobe Cloud to do this for all settings, presets, actions, brushes, fonts, etc?  If so, how do I set this up?  I have various items- gradients, overlays... in my Photoshop "library."  How would I include actions, settings, etc. here?  Is it possible?  If no-what other options do you suggest?

Specs: 

• Adobe CC 2021
  • Photoshop 2021 (22.1.0),
  • Lightroom Classic 10.1 (also have Lightroom CC installed, in HOPES of it being the key to syncing, but don't use otherwise)
  • Mac OS, desktop running Catalina 10.15.7
  • MacBook Pro running Big Sur (current)

Plus (if it makes any difference) I use an External SSD for images, Dropbox for Backup and storage of Presets/Actions, plus overlays, backgrounds, etc. (could Dropbox somehow work to keep any of this synced ?)

I really feel like there HAS to be a way... 

Thanks so much

Nicole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0