System admin error and scratch disk error

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new MacBook Air 2021 with 8GB M1 Apple chip. My storage is 2TB cloud on Google with only 230GB of 2TB storage usage. 

My previous computer was solid state Intel chip 16GB MacBook 2012. I was informed by Adobe that the CPU isn't compatible and that I would need OS Big Sur to open Adobe photoshop upgrades. 

I set up my Air and it gave error that the scratch disk is full with 38GB of storage space. Photoshop won't open. And I've Erased or removed any excess Scratch disk space. 

I spoke to the private institution about it this week and the person said it was my "personal device" and "hardware." I think this person is challenged or is somehow a guru that wanted my work. I informed him or her that it was a new computer with Big Sur OS and he insisted it was my blame. I had gone back and forth with the private institution a year and a half ago because an administrator was assigned. When I had logged in, the Adobe photoshop showed the name of the Adminstrator under my profile picture as Aaron Sordkin. Coincidentally, I spoke with him and he indicated it was a glitch but I think it was a spoof or an attempt to catfish titles so that an established collector could springboard off my titles while the tech tracked my calls as an associate of the private institution and not the private institution themself. 

Technically, there is computer hard drive space on my Air, 2021. Photoshop gives options to save to the cloud or to the device. My data migrated to my Air including my titles. Now the institution says they need to upgrade OS however Big Sur is there. What steps do I want to take to enable Adobe Photoshop to work so that I save my work to my computer and transfer it to external and kfat32drives? 

TA
TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop talks about storage for its own use, it means the storage INSIDE the box or plugged into it as a disk. You cannot substitute cloud storage.  

"Technically, there is computer hard drive space on my Air, 2021" Of course there is, but HOW MUCH? If you don't know how to find out, please let us know. 

I have no opinion or advice on the account issue. I suggest you keep these separate and start a new post on the account issue. It certainly isn't connected. Storage doesn't depend on your account, but on your computer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like this machine is quite a bit underpowered for Photoshop.

You can manage with only 8GB RAM, but you must have sufficient free disk space. That's physical disk space internally on your machine. If this is a base model with a 256 GB system drive, that's not nearly enough. It will be very hard to use Photoshop effectively on that machine.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines