Highlighted

System configuration suggestion for Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community

I want to ask a question that my laptop has 64bit. WIndows 10 4gb RAM and 1 TB ROM core i3. but my laptop is very slow. Suggest me should I can install adobe photoshop or I have to purchase another one for photoshop as I have to make banners and pictures for websites

{Thread renamed by moderator}

[Concealed spam link removed by another moderator]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

System configuration suggestion for Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community

I want to ask a question that my laptop has 64bit. WIndows 10 4gb RAM and 1 TB ROM core i3. but my laptop is very slow. Suggest me should I can install adobe photoshop or I have to purchase another one for photoshop as I have to make banners and pictures for websites

{Thread renamed by moderator}

[Concealed spam link removed by another moderator]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please check the minimum system requirements for Photoshop here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Your configuration meets the minimum threshold for running Photoshop. However, as your system is slow and you want to do graphics-intensive work; my suggestion for you is to upgrade the computer and get at least 8 GB of RAM and a good graphics card with 2 GB of video memory.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your laptop should work fine but may be slow because you only have i3 processor and 4GB of RAM. Your specs seem like a minimum for Photoshop nowadays.

Give it a go and see how it works. A  lot will depend of what you're going to do, how big are your images are going to be (images load into RAM memory, have a look here:

http://www.photovideobeat.com/how-much-ram-do-i-need-for-video-editing/

I explain what RAM is and how it works here)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4GB of RAM will be pretty useless for Photoshop, I don't even have Photoshop opened and my system is using 4.8GB of RAM

2020-09-25 13_18_57-Task Manager.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is true, I wouldn't recommend buying a computer with 4GB of RAM, but it will be useable (just about) 😉

8GB would be a realistic minimum, although I've seen people running Photoshop with 4GB of RAM and it's working. Slow but working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The published system requirements really are a joke. At those specs you may be able to run the installer all the way through, and thereby technically have Photoshop "installed" - but good luck trying to use it. It wouldn't last 5 seconds before crashing and burning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0