• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

T-Shirt Mockup: Vector Files Appear Pixelated After Saving

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working off of a t-shirt mockup template I purchased for an upcoming clothing release I'm assisting with. I'm fairly familiar with working on mockup templates but I'm incredibly confused about the issue I'm running into. I'm jumping into the Smart Object Layer that you would see requesting you to change the image to your own. When I'm in that layer, I replace the smart object layer with my own logo. The logo looks fine, however when I save the file and go check it out on the shirt, it looks really pixelated and almost as if its been cut up. Can somebody please help? I'm under a serious deadline and I don't know what to do. 

I've provided an example of what is happening to the files I use. I simply wrote the word EXAMPLE and then saved it. When you see the shirt, you'll see how distorted and pixelated it appears.Example Issue.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

If no Filters are applied how is the distorsion achieved? Warp? 

What happens uf you increase the SO’s resolution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Are any Filters applied to the SO? Which ones? How does it look pre-updating? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Here are two images. One is zoomed to 100% with all layers showing. The other is the smart object. Note: I gave the smart object a color overlay so you could read it against the transparent background. I don't believe any filters are applied to the design, I most certainly didn't use any. 

Screenshot of Photoshop Issue.pngScreenshot of Photoshop Issue 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no Filters are applied how is the distorsion achieved? Warp? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Textures folder, it looks like there is a Highlights Layer, Shadows Layer and the another "Your Artwork" layer that might very well be the SO duplicated. I'd share the file so you can see but considering it's a paid file, I doubt very much I can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you adding your design to the mockup? Are you using  Smart Object Layer's  "Replace Content"  or are you opening the layers object and editing in you design like copy paste transform layer?  Please elaborate all steps you perform. 

There are many free templates on the web. If you can not get the one you purchased working to your satisfaction perhaps we can use a free one we can freely exchange files and steps to show how all fits together. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed a filter option that I need to re-allocate to the displacement layer. Stupid mistake. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck with the same problem that you have. How did you manage to fix it? Whenever I try to use a text logo on my mock-up design it looks fine in the smart object section where you replace the current design with yours and place it on the shirt. However, when I save it and look at it on the finished mock-up the text is blurry and distorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots of the SO and the containing document taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines