• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Teacher: Can I install two versions of Photoshop on one computer? We need both 2018 and 2019.

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach high school graphic design and while I need Photoshop 2018 for my design students that are training for their ACA exam I also would like my photography students to have access to the 2019 version with the newer content-aware options. Is it possible to have two versions of PS installed on one computer? If so how would I do that since the CC app can change versions but it always replaces one rather than adding a second?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

You can.  There should be an option to keep both versions rather than replacing 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can.  There should be an option to keep both versions rather than replacing 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes you can have multiple versions installed (I do here). Use the CC desktop app to install the older version. It does not replace on update if you choose not to in advanced options

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have six versions on my older computer and three on the current computer, which is due for a forth version when the “Photoshop Next” is released.

As Dave instructed, click the Advanced tab when installing. PS 2019 did not remove the previous version by default, but check the tab anyway and look for the checkbox.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me where the advanced tab is? I'm afraid I can't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

In the CC app, click Install then click the dropdown. To be able to show you I would have to have an older version and not have installed the newer one yet. Show a screen shot similar to this if you don't see it.

Jane

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

When I go to manage "other versions' I get this 

When  I select another version I get this

There is no 'advanced'

Thanks

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having endless difficulty with this new forum. Could we go back to the old one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, It looks like you have the new version of Adobe Creative Cloud app. It's different than what Dave and Jane are talking about. So far, I've noticed that when you select update, it will bring you to a screen that has a checkbox to either replace or keep older versions. If you have 2019 all ready on your computer, just try installing 2018. If it erases it, select update, and you should get the option to keep older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying Chuck but I did as you suggesed and nothing changed. I still can not find the elusive 'advanced'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian, what Chuck is saying is that there is no advanced in the new version of the desktop app, which has only been rolled out to a % of customers. You should still get the option to keep the older versions when updating to a newer full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right – when you select "Update" now in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, you'll be presented with a dialog box with an option for whether to "Remove old versions" or not...

Just make sure it's unchecked:

creative cloud desktop app remove old versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both 2018 and 2019 on my computers.  I feel that there are something I prefer doing in 2018 and somethings I prefer doing in 2019.  Call my silly... but that is simply how I roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open both at the same time? In different users profile of the pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac and yes, I can open multiple versions of Photoshop simultaneously. A Windows user will have to chime in about PCs.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines