Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temp files folder full of ps files

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Photoshop 22.3.1 installed and is impossible to work because is saturating the RAM and the scratch disk with huge temp files even if my ps document is a black page. 
Can you fix this? The legacy options is not available anymore and was the only workaround with previous versions.

My laptop is an Omen with windows 10, 24 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, and Nvidia RTX 2060 graphic card

Thanks for the support 

Michele 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, of course, control how much RAM Photoshop uses via Ctrl/Cmd + K (Preferences) >  Performance. Not sure what's going on with the temp files. A large, blank document can easily top 1 GB off the bat if it's high-DPI, large dimensions and 16-bit color, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ve already set the RAM from the performance menu but that is still not working. The files are small 72dpi and 8 bit colors but ps is creating temp files that are fully occupying my 500GB ssd. The ps files are shared on Google drive could be that the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't think so; if the PSDs are just being uploaded and downloaded at will from Drive, it shouldn't be a problem.

When creating new documents saved locally, does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WarUnicorn,

the problem doesn't seem to occurr with local saved files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that Photoshop does *not* like working on documents remotely. (e.g., Documents on network-attached storage.) See this official Adobe help document:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines