Highlighted

Template with image upload capabilities

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to make a reusable template for an internet flyer that has specific spots to upload images to. I'm a beginner and I'm not even sure how to descibe what I'm trying to do affectivly. 

I have a business that will have new releases every week and instead of designing a new flyer every week I want to create a good looking template and be able to interchage the products on the flyer.

If this is already been discussed could someone link me?

Thank you for your time if youre reading this. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Template with image upload capabilities

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to make a reusable template for an internet flyer that has specific spots to upload images to. I'm a beginner and I'm not even sure how to descibe what I'm trying to do affectivly. 

I have a business that will have new releases every week and instead of designing a new flyer every week I want to create a good looking template and be able to interchage the products on the flyer.

If this is already been discussed could someone link me?

Thank you for your time if youre reading this. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a question for your web developer.  I use PHP scripts to automatically populate web pages with new content.  Ideally, your site should be dynamically driven with content stored in an online database.   That way, you can query your database for the last X # of products by date or any other criteria and include not just images but SKUs, prices, descriptions, etc...

This is an example of a photo gallery populated from a folder of images on the server.  Although not as flexible as having a database, it's still way more efficient than doing it manually.

https://alt-web.com/GALLERY/BS-Gallery.php

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm doing this for an email advertisment and it does not need to be HTML. All I'm looking to do is have a basic image that I can attach different smaller images to every week and push out via email to a list of customers. 

Sorry if I should be asking this questin elsewhere but I do appreciate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but if you think you can send images directly to your e-mail list and everyone will see them, you're wrong.  It doesn't work that way.  Attached files will be blocked for security reasons or worse, your e-mail will be flagged as a spam/virus risk.   You need an HTML e-mail template, not a PSD template.

I wrote this article a while back but it's mostly relevant today because e-mail marketing hasn't changed much.

https://alt-web.com/TUTORIALS/?id=html_emails

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again I'm sorry but your are not comprehending what it is that I'm asking (because of me). I was hoping to describe what I need without going into full detail of my job. 

I have customers that have signed up for a newsletter type of email that will give them information on what I'm releasing for the week. I want to create a template for said newsletter that will be designed how I want but have the ability to update the images without having to design a new newsletter every week. 

I take images for the site and want to be able to plug them into the newsletter in a snap and send out. I'm not attempting to spam anyone. 

Again thank you for taking the time to respond to this post. I appreciate your help! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know exactly what you're talking about because we do e-mail marketing, too.  The mail list goes to customers who have opted-in to receive our newsletters.  MailChimp is our bulk e-mail sending service.  We use a MailChimp approved template that's been tested to work well in all major e-mail clients & web-based systems -- Gmail, Yahoo & Hotmail. 

So to reiterate what I've been saying all along, this is NOT a graphics question.  This really, really is about creating a re-usable HTML e-mail Template.  A Template has a header & footer with placeholders for images and text that will change each week.

As an example, see MailChimp E-mail Templates  -

https://mailchimp.com/help/types-of-templates/

Litmus Free E-mail Templates -

https://litmus.com/community/templates

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, your paid Creative Cloud plan gives you access to Adobe Spark.  With Spark Page, you can create visually dramatic online newsletters without any coding skills.  And Adobe hosts your Spark presentations on their own servers.

https://spark.adobe.com/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again you are looking too far into what I'm asking for and it is confusing you. Like my initial question I'm looking to make the flyer or image. My job is to come up with an image and then there is a marketing team that will attach the image to an email and send out to the customer list. I'm telling you right now, 100%, without a doubt...I send the team an image and they add that image to their email and send it out to the customers. 

I'm trying to make the image I send them look as professional as possible by creating a nice template and being able to plug in different images each week I have new things releasing. I not not need to know email marketing, html, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's preventing you from creating a re-usable PSD?  File > New or Ctrl / Cmd + N.  See screenshot.

image.png

Enter required width & height in pixels. 

Resolution: 96 ppi for the web,

Color Mode: RGB, 8 bit,

Background: Transparent,

Color Profile: sRGB for the web. 

Save your custom preset for future use.

Add some grid lines to help you align elements. Add new layers for backgrounds, images, text, etc.. and save the PSD file.

Next week open the same PSD file and SaveAs new_filename.psd.  Change content as needed.   Repeat.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0